Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaglover

Support for 757 and 777

Guest jaglover

I share your concerns exactly, Kevin. There have been several threads over the last few months regarding cold engine starts (or lack thereof) in which customers have asked for guidance from PSS. PSS has, alarmingly, yet to respond. I know PSS have read the threads because several posts have been deleted from them.PSS, I think it's now appropriate to let us know what's going on.Mark

>I share your concerns exactly, Kevin. There have been>several threads over the last few months regarding cold engine>starts (or lack thereof) in which customers have asked for>guidance from PSS. PSS has, alarmingly, yet to respond. I>know PSS have read the threads because several posts have been>deleted from them.>>PSS, I think it's now appropriate to let us know what's going>on.>>Mark>>Ask your guys self a question where is Robert Kirkland?I think all the work is just stopped and it looks like it just stopped...I'm curious too because this is indeed ridiculous we are talking about two small utilities but more important bug fixes + FSX :-)Andr

André

Guys,Over the last few months I have said nothing about the mess that has been going on. At first I agreed with those who thought we should all just keep quiet and let PSS get on with the fixes and development for FSX.However this has now got beyond a joke. For those of us in the UK it would be interesting to see what Consumer Direct or Trading Standards would make of this. And for those of you how wish to jump up and defend PSS like they are your best friend you should remember that, at the end of the day, they are a business and should expect to recieve criticsm when it is deserved. In my humble opinion it is now very much deserved. Deleted threads and a continual lack of response has frustrated a great many people and it would not surprise me if they have now lost a large number of past and potential customers. At the very least PSS has now got to expect that any future releases will not attract the customers they used to, and that previous customers will, in future, wait to see how any such product performs in the open market. I, like many others, have fairly high business qualifications so I speak with some knowledge of business practice. This has NOT been in anyway, shape or form the way to run a business and more importantly they way to treat, what was a loyal customer base. RegardsKarl

I would be very surprised if there was any more support regarding the 777, other than to make it FSX compatible.

Guest AirForcePilot

This really is horrible. I'm disgraced that a company that I once spoke so highly of and admired can do this to their customers. Just because the f--k--g load editor/fuel planner isn't finished doesn't mean that they can't tell us why. They have also been ignoring several posts in the forum and deleting threads......which I'm sure they'll do to this one. At least we still have PMDG, Flight1, Level D, and Wilco right guys?

Can PSS please clarify what exactly is going on at present in terms of support for the 757 and 777. I realise there have been some recent problems, including Norman's injury at work (get well soon, Norman).I check the forum often, waiting for news of any forthcoming updates. Until recently, things were said to be nearly ready, fixes have been found for this and that, yet still no sign of any updates. Even apparently simple things, like cold engine starts, go unaddressed.The concern for me is that PSS might just crumble under the difficulties, leaving customers with good, but unfinished, products.I'm certainly not asking for timescales, just some guidance and background as to what is happening, what can't happen for a while, etc. My main interest is not the much discussed load editor (the sims are usable without that), but fixes to bugs identified many times in this forum.Are we waiting for work on the FSX versions to be completed too? I'd rather have the FS9 fixes ASAP, please.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Phoenix5

How many times do you need to be told?Read the pinned post, it tells you what the current delay is.