Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fuerteventura

How do you do a 757 autoland

Guest Fuerteventura

Am I missing something or does the manuals for the 757 not tell you how to do an autoland? I set up my FMC and in the RAD NAV page it gives the correct frequency for the ILS. But when I get within 15NM of the airport, it does not give me the ILS. Also, clicking APP on the MCP lights up the button but I cannot select dual autopilots to auto land the aircraft. My apologies if I've missed it but why do none of the manuals tell you how to perform what is quite a vital procedure? Why are manuals always so vague??Thanks in advance for your help and for producing an otherwise fantastic aircraft.Cheers,Mark

Guest bonniew

I set the VOR in NAV2 and the ILS in NAV1 in the CDU. When released from ATC select the APP button. If there is not a VOR at the airport put the ILS in both ILS and VOR. This is what work for us..there may be different methods; but this has not failed for us.ThanksBonnie

Guest Fuerteventura

Is anyone from Phoenix going to bother to reply to my post? Or is it just being ignored like they seem to do with so many others? Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.