Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747lover

777 yaw damper ?

Hello again.I downloaded the 777-200 lr one hour ago,after reading the report in the latest PC PILOT.To know Rob Young is responsible for the flight dynamics also help.I do have a question regarding the yaw damper.I just can,t find it.Does the 777 have this system?When I recently did a x wind landing,I could not use the rudder before I was at 50 feet agl.Is this a Boeing protection system to prevent over use of rudder,or am I doing somthing wrong?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As far as I know the 777 has a yaw damper (any swept wing aircraft is likely to need one), but there is no yaw damper switch to control it. Whether PSS modelled a yaw damper in the 777 I couldn't say. As an airliner yaw damper is usually active all the time, and has very limited rudder authority, there's not a lot of point in having a control to switch it off. The A320 is another aircraft with no Y/D switch.Regarding your lack of rudder control there are a number of possibilities:* Check to see if the FS9 auto-rudder option has been enabled somehow.* Another possible cause could be loading the 777 without first having loaded the default Cessna (or at least having it as your default flight). * The FS9 default autopilot may have become engaged from its hotkey (Z?), which would limit control movement. Most add-ons use a separate autopilot model, rather than the very limited FS9 version. Avoid hitting the hotkey by mistake!Hope this helpsKevin