Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

777-200LR slides on glideslope

HiI am still hoping the 777 and 757, after they get patched, will be the best add-ons for FS9 ever done.However, I am still continuing the fly them and learn them so I can hopefully enjoy them at best very soon.I have noticed a small problem, which could be realistic, I don't know.The problem is that during early ILS approach, when still high on glideslope, with flaps 5-10, the A/P and A/T cannot seem to maintain the speed. The speed target is ~Vr+40 knots but the speed keeps increasing until being above the slats retraction speed!The situation comes back to normal (eg speed maintained) when speed is reduced to around Vr+20 after gears have been lowered and flaps further extended.Is this behaviour normal?Of not, what would be the remedy? Increase flaps drag?Thank you to share your experience.Regards,G. Viguie

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.