Sign in to follow this  

T777 Update

Pss:I understand you are quite busy with the 757 load editors and what-not and battling to keep the pirates at bay but I would like to know if there will be an upcoming patch/update to solve the issues that some of us still have with the T777. I sincerely would like to buy the 757 but I will not until the T777 flies correctly. The new 757 looks absolutely perfect in the screen shots. Your panels are the best of the best in my opinion but the FMC in the T777 is not working correctly and until I see that resolved I cannot justify spending more money after waiting a very long time to have the 777 up to par. In closing all I want is some assurance (which I have not seen to date) that the issues will be solved. I look at this forum every day and have done for many months and frankly my patience is running out.RespectfullyRickCYHM

hi Rickwhat problems are you having in the FMC, i am flying the PSS777 Patch2 and i must say i am quite happy with it, it is a HUGE improvement of what they released initially.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned in other posts the FMC ignores flight level and speed restrictions and does not follow the VNAV flightpath. It calculates T/D too close to the destination airport and will not descend on VNAV until that point is reached. I have stated in some other posts about some excessive climb and descent speeds and I am not alone on this. Some 'work-arounds' were suggested but why should I have to do that. An ultra modern aircraft with specific performance and auto features should behave as intended. I will admit there is some improvement with the latest patch but it still does not work like it is supposed to. I am not new at this and have other heavy jets that work like a charm. I have seen nothing from PSS guarenteeing a fix to the issues. Once again I am waiting for a patch that I am not sure is coming. It's been almost a year now for me and still not right. The T777 is my favourite aircraft and I was very excited when seeing it so I purchased it and have been disppointed ever since. I may have to chalk it up to a bad buy and move on.Good for you that it works on your system.RegardsRick

hi Rickthe only problem - if you could call it that - is the steep descent i am having once T/D is reached, there is a 4000-5000fpm drop for like 60 secs or so then everything is back to normal, so i could only say that this is my only problem post SP2 patch, but i share your fustrations as well.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>>Thanks for the reply. As mentioned in other posts the FMC>ignores flight level and speed restrictions and does not>follow the VNAV flightpath. It calculates T/D too close to>the destination airport and will not descend on VNAV until>that point is reached. I have stated in some other posts about>some excessive climb and descent speeds and I am not alone on>this. Some 'work-arounds' were suggested but why should I>have to do that. An ultra modern aircraft with specific>performance and auto features should behave as intended. I>will admit there is some improvement with the latest patch but>it still does not work like it is supposed to. I am not new at>this and have other heavy jets that work like a charm. I have>seen nothing from PSS guarenteeing a fix to the issues. Once>again I am waiting for a patch that I am not sure is coming.>It's been almost a year now for me and still not right. The>T777 is my favourite aircraft and I was very excited when>seeing it so I purchased it and have been disppointed ever>since. I may have to chalk it up to a bad buy and move on.>>Good for you that it works on your system.>>Regards>>RickI totally agree with you Rick.It is really frustrating.The lack of support is unbelievable.They claim it is being tested for months and they couldn't see such behaviour.It took me one flight to see itYves

Guest NormanB

>The lack of support is unbelievable.Yves,I happily support our customers. You by your own admission are not one of them. >They claim it is being tested for months and they couldn't see such behaviour.Wow, you have me. We sat on it for months just watching the posts roll in whilst the testers enjoyed a break.

Guest NormanB

Rick,To remove confusion since I have said it in the past.PSS continue to look at products during their life cycle. Whilst this doesnt mean we will continue to add features like we did with the latest service pack, it does mean where real issues exist they will be addressed.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.