Sign in to follow this  
jtdvco

777 Load Editor problem - not loading Fuel

I have a problem with the load editor. It does not load the fuel. I slide the bar to the amount of fuel required, save and I get the message "Aircraft config saved!". Yet, when I load the aircraft it shows 358 X 100 lbs. Any ideas?John

The load editor does not load fuel. Do that when in the cockpit with the Performance and Setup panel. As they say, all is explained in the manual :).Jim Harnes

Well, I beg to differ. Why would it say "Aircraft config saved!" and when you look at the Aircraft.cfg's timestamp it is current?

Thats what I hate about this "Support Forum" because its just that, a forum, where anybody can voice his opinion.Anybody out there have any idea why the load editor would say "Aircraft config saved"?Thanks,John

Dont know why I just said that. Dont know why I even asked the question. I just realized my mistake. I'll just quietly fo away now .....

The load editor adjusts the weight and balance of the aircraft, the fuel you enter is your 'desired' fuel (that you plan on adding). What you are 'saving' is the loading (passengers etc). You add the actual fuel in the setup as mentioned in the previous post. Also the fuel planner is just that - a planner.

Bernard

Guest NormanB

The fuel planner doesnt board fuel. It lets you know how much you should take for a given distance.The load editor doesn't load fuel. It needs to know about fuel though to calculate the CoG.Oh and on an aside, please dont forget to sign your posts with your name.Thanks,

I will just add something, if you use a flight planning programm such as FSBUILT, not to name it, when you know the fuel required, you can slide the bar of fuel on the load editor to the amount you want and then not the COG that is displayed for your take of trim, which will be usefull.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.