Sign in to follow this  
Guest coolfront55

Appreciation

Guest coolfront55

This is not intended to offend anyone, but I am very grateful for all of you who have purchased the 757 expressing your frustrations, concerns, and observations. I have not purchased it yet, although I do own the 777 and many other PSS creations, and will not purchase it intil your remarks warrant my feeling that ALL the major issues are resolved to where I can fly as realistic as possible. At my age it is to late to learn how to actually fly (which I would love to do). I know there are others like me waiting to enhance PSS's business but will not until things are corrected. I do occasionlly fly the 777 (my all time favorite), but I choose to fly those aircraft that challenge me as realistically as can be simulated. Once again thanks fellow pilots, and keep that passion for flying alive. As for PSS, I have the money to spend and am anxious to fly the 757 and the 777(improved), but it stays in my wallet for now.Thank you for your time,George

i must say the PSS777 is a lot better now that when it first came out, i wouldnt even fly it - just sat there in my hangar for 5+ months to Patch 2, now its alot better and i do like it, i like the 'heavy' feeling it gives me compared to the 737NG which i am so used to flying.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I too wait to see whether the problems being reported get fixed before buying the PSS 757. Just noticed tonight a new thread on the frame rate issue was directed to another, which didn't resolve the problem, then locked. I have to say this is not the way to engender confidence. Frame rates worry me as some of the people reporting the issue have far more powerful systems than I do. PSS appear think the problem is only with the user's PC set up and have closed their minds to the problem.People need proper answers. Locking threads in frustration is not the best way of supporting customers. I realise PSS can't allow for each user's software configuration, but if people are reporting high frame rates for all their aircraft except the PSS 757, doesn't that point to a time hog in the 757 rather than an external cause? Maybe that time hog is triggered by external factors, but clearly it is not just the CLS A340 TCAS DLL.I have to say that if you have a complex and realistic add-on like the PSS 757, why on earth would you give the CLS A340 hard disk space? Alternatively if you find the A340 Lite acceptable, why buy the 757?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest jeremy19446

The frame rate issue must be some configuration issue or driver issue on the consumers end. Some people with fast computers (3+ GHz) are reporting less then 6fps, where me with a rather low end system (1.5 GHz laptop) is getting good fps around 20+ fps. I don't think its PSS's fault people are getting low fps, like I said before its probally some configuration issue on the consumers end and not PSS's at all. But thats just me, I know I am gonna get flamed by everyone who are getting low fps for taking PSS's side, but where all open to our own opinions :-bang

Guys,I'm not gonna lie, there is definitely room for improvement with the 757 and 777, at this point though, I'm actually kind of pleased with both, more so with the 772(LR), however. Anyway, I'm not one to ever say anything bad about any developer, or anybody here on the forums, (check my posts) or even in real life, so I think I set a good example of giving "constructive" critcism (constructive being the key word). So here we go. Addressing frame problems, first let me preface with my setup; I have a new Core 2 duo (e6600) system, 2 Gigs ram, SATA HD, and a 7600GT vid card (256 Megs DDR3). In the VC I can achieve frames as high as 70s, but they fluctuate so wildly that I get some stuttering, it goes from 70 to 15 to 30 to 19 to 50, very random and very inconsistent, I was told before that that is indicative of a "memory leak" (PSS, please investigate that possibility). The fuel planner/load editor issue; This is a strange one, I understand that these are extras and are not vital to the usability of the aircraft, I do however, storngly feel that these utilities should have been released with the product as they are even now being advertised as being part of the package. I'd say that that is most certainly misleading to the potential customer (not good). For me though, I don't actually care enough to complain about it or anything else for that matter (especially since I've now had a few beers now), because I know that at some point we will have our utilities. Other improvements I feel PSS could make to their current Boeing fleet would be, stuff like more realistic panel sounds (real big issue for me), more functionality to TCAS (another big one there), maybe some callouts (yes I know that this is a copilot, err first officer function, but still would be a welcomed addition), a little better systems modelling, ie I can infact still start engines without fuel pumps. Anyway, bedtime now (fulltime job, fulltime college schedule equals burned out at the end of the week). I apologize for all my narrative in parenthesis. And as a side note to PSS, I own 80% of your products, I've seen some of the trends that you've set with your products, both negative and positive, if you care to hear any other suggestions from me, I'd be glad to help, if that means a better product.Thanks all,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

well i must be one of the fortunate ones, with my 'middle of the range' system i am getting acceptable frame rates flying the PSS777, however i dont use 3D clouds only 2D and my sliders are set to middle so there is some sacrifice but i am quite content.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

It always amazes me that a good constructive thread like this one and we seldom get any comment from PSS in these threads. To my thinking, since PSS, launched the 757, they have been very slow, if any, on any positive and reactive comments or action. It is now nearly 2 weeks and still no indication on the still, feature advertised, fuel and load panels.Gerry

Guest abulaafia

couldn't agree more! stilll landing a bit heavy but otherwise, great improvement.

Other improvements I>feel PSS could make to their current Boeing fleet would be,>stuff like more realistic panel sounds (real big issue for>me), more functionality to TCAS (another big one there), maybe>some callouts (yes I know that this is a copilot, err first>officer function, but still would be a welcomed addition), a>little better systems modelling, ie I can infact still start>engines without fuel pumps. >>JeffJeff I agree with you on most of those points. I would add functional EGPWS as a necessity. Regarding the fuel pumps, they are BOOST pumps, the engine FCUs have their own fuel pumps as well. The fuel tanks are above the engines so there is gravity feed too.I'd be surprised if you couldn't start the engines on ground with boost pumps off. You wouldn't go flying without the boost pumps on of course, and it's part of normal procedure to switch them on before engine start. That doesn't mean that a start won't occur if you don't do so.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

>The frame rate issue must be some configuration issue or>driver issue on the consumers end. Some people with fast>computers (3+ GHz) are reporting less then 6fps, where me with>a rather low end system (1.5 GHz laptop) is getting good fps>around 20+ fps. I don't think its PSS's fault people are>getting low fps, like I said before its probally some>configuration issue on the consumers end and not PSS's at all.>But thats just me, I know I am gonna get flamed by everyone>who are getting low fps for taking PSS's side, but where all>open to our own opinionsGood to hear you can run yours on a 1.5 GHz laptop. That gives me hope. However there does seem to be something about the 757 which is more user configuration sensitive than other add-ons. Not saying that's PSS's fault, but I think they should devote a bit more time to helping people resolve the problem, rather than identify one rogue DLL and say that's it.That said, the WXR is a big and irregular eater of resources. Perhaps that's part of the problem as very few add-ons have that feature (just the PSS 777 and the Wilco 737 AFAIK). Maybe peole with the problem should try turning WXR off and see if that is the cause. Also applying a reasonable upper limit to frame rates stops the jerkiness. This gives adequate realism and lets background stuff have time to run.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Pro-Sim

I could not agree more with george's original post.I am obsessed with FS and buy pretty much every commercial add-on that is released. Sometimes this results in buying a wonderful new plane and other times this results in a big disappointment.I have issues with the overall quality of the 777, it is not a bad add-on by any measure, however there are certain quality issues that seem to be developing as traits of PSS products and these issues really frustrate me - usually because they would be so easy to address but I see a real stubbornness in the way the PSS business is run, and in some of the responses that we see on this forum. Issue). Lack of cockpit environment sounds leading to sterile lack of any ambience and 'game' feel, rather than a simulation.PSS Response). "The APU canot be heard from the cockpit".Issue). Panel looks too shiny and new, some of the best panels out there are those that simulate some wear, giving better realism.PSS Response). "We like to give the customers the benefit of a brand new plane".There are 4 or 5 other examples, including continuous use of 'old' library sounds from the old Airbus products (seat belt dings, button clicks, etc.It all adds up in my opinion to a company with too stiff an upper lip (Hey, I am English too!), that is not very good at commercially listening to it's customers, and that is poor at the 'finishing' stage.I would love to buy the 757 and it's killing me still not having a good 757 but I will not purchase this product until I see evidence that things are improving to the extent that this product sits in a league slightly above the 777.

Kevin, thanks for the info. I learn something new everyday on these forums.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest VetJet

I agree with all of your comments. I am glad I controlled myself and did not buy the 757 on release. I think at this point I will wait for other releases to come out. I particularly agree that the recycled AirbusPRO sounds on the PSS product is pretty dissapointing. To calm myself, I bought a similarly priced simulation that's a year old or so and I was blown away by the immersive aspect of the product. I thought to myself: In this price range that's what everybody should be shooting for! Anyway, just my opinion.Regards,Whadzen

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.