Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scaramanga

Remaining issues with the T7

Guest Scaramanga

Hi all, I would like to count up a few remaining problems with the T7 and hope that they will be fixed.1. You still can't change the payload in the load editor. Flying with max ZFW is not possible.2. The calculated Vr speed seems to be way too low, especially for the 300ER. It won't leave the Ground at that speed.3. The trim setting calculated in the load editor seems to be way too low as well. I have to pull back the stick fully after takeoff, otherwise it would dive directly into the ground.4. The FMC doesn't adjust the climb speed below 10,000. It always suggests 250kts, even if it's below the minimum clean speed.5. I may be wrong, but the calculated climb speeds seem to be just the same as for the Airbus and should be higher. (As I said, I'm not sure!)6. The estimated remaining fuel shown in the FMC changes radically during the FLight. It may start with -5t and ends up with 20t, even with headwinds.5. When approaching 10,000 feet on a vnav descend, the plane even starts to climb, in order to reduce the speed.The last two things I would like to add are the missing callouts on takeoff and the fact, that the autobrake does not disengage after manually breaking. Yes, I have read your statements about this topic. But I think that these two features are state of the art for a complex FS addon nowadays and that they are really missing! I can remember another Developer just added the callouts within one day. Therefore I still hope you will add these two things, just to be sure that your customers are pleased with your Product and support! RegardsDirk Dannenbaum

Good day.8. And the CDU screen hangs, more often than not. And you have to close it and reopen, to change pages or go from one function to another, but you can see that the CDU screen on the pedestal (in VC) actually changes. It's just to darn small to do any major adjustments from there, so I open up the 2D CDU for that, like all the preflight work etc.....P.S. And in this day and age, to not have reflective windows in the VC...???...Thats just not in the big leagues, surely that can be resolved and installed in the 3'rd and hopefully last patch.As far as I can see (from screenshots), the new 757 has that, at least the side windows.I'm hoping to get the 757 if the T7 gets fully patched.B.T.W. A beutiful, fully functional and issue free product, will appeal to Brian York @ FS2Crew ;-)Golli.

Cold and dark still not working on either the T7 or the 757 in some foreing versions of FS9

>Hi all, I would like to count up a few remaining problems>with the T7 and hope that they will be fixed.>1. You still can't change the payload in the load editor.>Flying with > max ZFW is not possible.amen - not since the initial .xls sheet has this been possible - alas>2. The calculated Vr speed seems to be way too low, especially>for the > 300ER. It won't leave the Ground at that speed.>3. The trim setting calculated in the load editor seems to be>way too> low as well. I have to pull back the stick fully after>takeoff,I find I rotate/to ok if I simply ignore the fmc and just leave trim at default - not realistic but it works. Ironically this was ok way back in the days BEFORE the load editor and fde change - fmc trim was fine for rotation.>6. The estimated remaining fuel shown in the FMC changes>radically> during the FLight. It may start with -5t and ends up with>20t, even> with headwinds.guess this is because winds entry is not modelled in the fmc - this is a significant point for future PSS referece imho, since FS winds aloft drastically affect fuel burn. As it stands now I have the route data for my fp legs from AS6 but it's of no use to the fmc.>The last two things I would like to add are the missing>callouts on takeoff and the fact, that the autobrake does not>disengage after manually breaking. Yes, I have read your>statements about this topic. But I think that these two>features are state of the art for a complex FS addon nowadays>and that they are really missing! I can remember another>Developer just added the callouts within one day. Therefore I>still hope you will add these two things,agree - speed calls have been around in various gauges, modules since fs98, and much simpler panels have custom autobrakes which disarm upon manual braking or a little manual thrust.Now there's no rule that says what a dev must or must not include at their price point, but these would be VERY convenient features.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>Good day.>>8. And the CDU screen hangs, more often than not. And you>have to close it and reopen, to change pages or go from one>function to another, but you can see that the CDU screen on>the pedestal (in VC) actually changes. It's just to darn small>to do any major adjustments from there, so I open up the 2D>CDU for that, like all the preflight work etc.....>Not saying this is not happening to you but I've not seen the cdu hanging myself, and I do all preflight in the vc by simply zooming in to the cdu a bit. One of this plane's strongest features for me is the totally functional vc - I use 2d for nothing whatsoever in the T7.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

On the take off performance points, things seem to work for me:Load Editor - I have always found that the load editor will change the payload. Agree you cannot get beyond full pax in the LR/ER but with this exception, I change the aircraft.cfg whenever I vary the payload. I have also flown out at max ZFW using the FS9 load editor.VR and Trim - I believe that this was a problem with the original FDE. With last spring's update, I have no difficulty rotating at the calculated speed using the FMC generated trim setting and taking off at very low or high AUW. Once airborne, the aircraft is always reasonably in trim for the initial climb.As to the CDU Sticking - this seems to have appeared with the latest gauge update {the 757 also has a similar problem}.I guess all the other points have also been discussed previously in the forum and, as Mark says, in the end its a commercial decision by the developer.John Rooum

Guest elyab
"guess this is because winds entry is not modelled in the fmc - this is a significant point for future PSS referece imho, since FS winds aloft drastically affect fuel burn. As it stands now I have the route data for my fp legs from AS6 but it's of no use to the fmc."
Mark, I guess it is FMC modelling issue.Yesterday I made 12 Hrs long haul from KATL to LLBG switching to Clear weather while on cruise to jump over Atlantic with 4X timerate...No winds, no pressure changes, nothing, cruise altitude stepping according to FMC VNAV calculations.EFOB was growing dramatically...Began with 7.5, finished cruise with 30+ on TOD!___________________________________________________________Owner of: PSS A319-320-321, PSS A330, PSS B772, PSS B757

Oh - I see Elyab - duly noted. Thanks for the loading tips John - I'll give it another shot with manual or fs9-edited addition of the extra cargo.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest adameke777

>that the autobrake does not disengage after manually breaking. I must be living in a parallel universe using a parallel PSS 777, cause they do disengage for me after decelerating through 80 knots with toe brakes depressed. Maybe it's an issue of toe brake calibration ?Adam

Adam, I think he is talking about the autobrake, not about the spoilers. I have to disarm the autobrake by hand , if i don

Guest adameke777

>Adam, I think he is talking about the autobrake, not about>the spoilers. Those stow automatically when you return thrust to idle (from reverse). Autobrakes disarm upon stepping on toebrakes after slowing down past 80 knots. Adam

I'd be curious to visit your universe Adam :) Whenever the question is raised even PSS themselves have repeatedly said their autobrake is the default fs9 system, and as such will not disarm upon manual braking. The only a/b systems I have that do are custom ones a la LDS PMDG and a few others.Not denying your experience, but most curious, especially in light of PSS' own explanation.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest adameke777

>I'd be curious to visit your universe Adam :) You're most(ly) welcome to stop by ;-)>Not denying your experience, but most curious, especially in>light of PSS' own explanation.Those explanations were probably dated before the latest update, the one that came out at the same time that the 57 was released. That update takes care of the A/B disarming.I even double-checked it last night, pinching myself at the same time. And yes, the knob moved to DISARM.Adam

Then you must be the Lucky One!I have to turn the AB Knob manualy in the 777 and the 757 aswell. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Wow - ok, well I'm going to have to revisit this. As stated below even the new 757 seems to have no custom a/b, and PSS would certainly have said so if they'd built their own. Perhaps then the default a/b is more functional than I thought? hmmregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.