Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhus

How to transfer fuel from the left to the right ?

Hello,Often, I got a : Fuel Config on my EICAS, and when I look on the overhead panel, I noticed that one tank has more fuel than the other...I would like to know how manage that to transfer fuel from the left tank to the right one. I think that it's a game with pomp and cross feed... But I don't know how...Can you explain to me please ?Thanks!

Finaly, I have my answer :To crossfeed fuel from one wing tank to both engines :1 : Open the crossfeed valves by pressing in the crossfeed switches.2 : Turn off both FWD and AFT fuel pumps in the tank with le least amound of fuel.To terminal the crossfeed operation :1 : Turn on both FWD and AFT fuel pumps2 : Close the crossfeed valvesNote : Crossfeed will not work when center tank pumps are ONSouce : Operation Manual Guide from Boeing

Guest NormanB

>Finaly, I have my answer :Heh - 19 minutes didnt even give me a chance to answer :)

Sorry Norman, I find the solution on the OPS Flight Manual... I had the choice to delet my topic but maybe this problem/solution will help another pilot who have the same "FUEL CONFIG" message...Does my explication is correct Norman regarding the Fuel Pumps and transfer?Have a nice weekend!

Guest NormanB

Salut Xaview!No need to be sorry, and yes, it is the correct procedure.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.