Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhus

About the COURSE

Hello,I would like to know if it's normal that we can put a ILS frequency on the front panel (left/right of the MCP)...Normaly, here we can only set a VOR frequency and the ILS must be set on the PEDESTALE... no?Thanks!

Guest jeremy19446

I was wondering the same, I've never been inside a 757 cockpit so I wouldn't know.

Yes me too, but I have a OPS "Official" B757/767 Manual and normaly, the COURSE must be managed on the PEDESTAL (it's modeled on the PSS757 but when you set the ILS here, it's reported too on the MCP! and that's a error...)Eg: Normally, on real aircraft, you can't set "109.50" on the MCP because 109.50 is ONLY a ILS frequency never used vor the VOR...Please find bellow what can I read on the Boeing OPS manual : VOR RECEIVERSTwo VOR receivers are found on the main panel. VOR1 is located on the Captains side on the AFDS panel. VOR2 is located on the First Officers side of the AFDS. Each VOR receiver is capable of both manual tuning and automatic tuning via the FMC. When the VOR receiver is in AUTO mode, the FMC tune the VOR receiver automatically to nearby stations for position verification. The VOR can also be remotely tuned by the FMC using the PROG page. When the VOR is in the MAN mode, the pilote controls the tuned frequency and course. VOR information is displayed on the EHSI and the RDMI for the on-side VOR receiver. On the EHSI, VOR information is displayed when the full or expanded VOR modes is selected on the HSI mode control panel. On the RDMI, VOR information is displayed when the RMI selector needle is pointing a VOR. The currently tuned VOR frequency and its identifier is shown in the FMC as well.ILS RECEIVERAn independent ILS receiver is located on the pedestal. It is dedicated to tuning ILS frequencies only. When turned to an ILS frequency that is in range, the ILS information is displayed on the EADI and EHSI. ILS information is also available on the Standby ADI.The ILS receiver can be parked by dialing the frequencly down past 108.A dashed line represents the parked mode. This mode inhibits display of ILS informations on the flight instruments.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.