Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

Read the pinned post

Guest Phoenix5

The situation as it is now:1. We are short a staff member due to accident, and others are trying to cover these duties.2. Bugs listed do get seen and passed on, but it is not always prudent to answer every post with a "Thank you item noted" especially when each bug gets mentioned 6 or more times, sometimes in neighbouring posts.3. No disrespect, but not all reported bugs are bugs, some are just user requests, and/or items not modeled by the development team. Please remember that with FS9 there was a finite number of effects/animations/features that could be inserted into the aircraft. We added some advanced features in these 2 aircraft at the expense of others. It is hard to please everyone, when this happens, but we tried our best.4. The load editor, I can promise you that not one of our customers can be any more frustrated/irate/disappointed than the entire team at PSS. Just a much as you are sick of the excuses, we are even more tired of the brick walls we run into.5. PSS is not in meltdown, we will bounce back from this bigger and stronger than ever. I promise the coming months will knock your socks off.That is as honest and bare boned that I can be, I hope it answers your questions, and please if you have questions that are pertinent to a support forum please ask them. If you have a pressing issue that you need help with email us, but please do not ask for release dates, I can not give them to you.regards,

Guest jaglover

>The situation as it is now:>>1. We are short a staff member due to accident, and others>are trying to cover these duties.>>2. Bugs listed do get seen and passed on, but it is not always>prudent to answer every post with a "Thank you item noted">especially when each bug gets mentioned 6 or more times,>sometimes in neighbouring posts.>>3. No disrespect, but not all reported bugs are bugs, some are>just user requests, and/or items not modeled by the>development team. Please remember that with FS9 there was a>finite number of effects/animations/features that could be>inserted into the aircraft. We added some advanced features>in these 2 aircraft at the expense of others. It is hard to>please everyone, when this happens, but we tried our best.>>4. The load editor, I can promise you that not one of our>customers can be any more frustrated/irate/disappointed than>the entire team at PSS. Just a much as you are sick of the>excuses, we are even more tired of the brick walls we run>into.>>5. PSS is not in meltdown, we will bounce back from this>bigger and stronger than ever. I promise the coming months>will knock your socks off.>>That is as honest and bare boned that I can be, I hope it>answers your questions, and please if you have questions that>are pertinent to a support forum please ask them. If you have>a pressing issue that you need help with email us, but please>do not ask for release dates, I can not give them to you.>>regards,Steve, just a few comments and constructive criticism on your response if I may.1. A small company missing a key person is indeed put in a stressful situation. Norman's accident, however, does not account for the 4 months preceding it in which no utilties were produced and in which PSS responded to customers in an extremely arrogant manner.2. Perhaps there should be a sticky thread listing the known bugs and items not modeled. This should be continuously updated by PSS when bugs are discovered. Let's look at the case of the engines not started in cold weather. It took MONTHS of complaints from your loyal customers, and a threat from philbrown to send PSS another email, to get ANYONE at PSS to even acknowledge the issue. In a customer support role it is very prudent to acknowledge posts even if they are nothing but repeats of prior posts. Not doing so gives customers in the impression that you simply do not care. Sometimes you do have to bend over backwards in a customer support role and PSS doesn't seem to realise this.3. I understand that some elements of the real airplane cannot be modeled due to time/technical restraints. A sticky list of items not modeled would go a long way to reducing the number of queries of the type "is this a bug or a not modeled situation".4. You're trying to play on our sympathies here and it's simply not becoming. It's the PSS support of old and it's not right. You cannot possibly know how frustrated your customers are. PSS made the big blunders and PSS needs to just take the hits on the chin. PSS doesn't seem to realise that without customers there will be no PSS. 5. I hope PSS doesn't meltdown but in order to convince your customers of this your customer support has to get much better starting now. If customer's posts and threads are not personally insulting then they should NOT be deleted. The constant deleting of posts depicting PSS in a bad light does not endear you to your customers - it makes you look like you're not willing to take responsibility for your actions.I hope this helps and I'm really looking forward to having my socks knocked off in the next few months.Mark

Mark,I have recently been wondering why Norman is able to wear so many hats over at VATSIM where he regularly and frequently posts remarks in their forums, but seems to be disabled and unable to complete his task at PSS.It's sad that the code or software is sitting in one individuals hands. It almost takes the appearance of holding the developer hostage, though that's probably a little far-fetched, to be fair.Regards,Jim Karn

In Norman's defence, it is one thing to be able to indulge a hobby, another to be able to do productive work. Of course if Norman continued to post in this forum, the PSS position would look weak. His post-accident posts appear to have been deleted in the forum clean-up. However, I still don't believe this is the main reason for the delays. It's more deep routed than that.I have repeatedly advocated PSS pin a list of what is to be addressed and what is not for both 757 and 777. That way everyone knows the situation. If only Steve, or someone else at PSS, would produce such a list, all the heat and suspicion would be taken out of this debate. You must have an internal defect tracking system to use as a basis for this, surely? Action for the next conference call?As for actually fixing bugs, other developers manage it much faster than PSS. There's no hiding behind FS9 limitations at PMDG, for example.We all make mistakes, but repeating them is less forgiveable. I just wish PSS would learn from theirs. Most importantly, never, ever again release a product which still has major beta testing bugs unfixed.Finally, I look forward to having my socks knocked off, but I'd rather I had the shoes I previously purchased in full working order first :)Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Steve,In response to my post about support, you simply said "read the pinned post" and then locked the thread. This is the PSS "Support" of old.I'm sure we've all read your pinned post. It's just that it doesn't say much really, other than the 757 load editor being delayed because poor Norman is unavailable. My post was specifically not about the load editor issue. It was about the lack of any other bug fixes for the 757 or 777.I still suspect PSS might be in meltdown, but I hope I'm wrong. Please put all our minds at ease with a full and honest statement.All that being said please pass on my best wishes for a full recovery to Norman.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.