Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Feedback from week end flights regarding 757 performance

Hi PSS, hi normanI had the opportunity to fly the 757 this week end. here are a few things I would like to report:1. T/O and climbI believe the 757 T/O is too fast, even at 60

Guest NormanB

Ghiom,I am not 757 rated but I get the chance to ride up front as and when I want. The 757 pilots who have tried it tell me that it is as powerful in real life and from what I have seen, I cant argue with them.Rather than increasing pitch you should be reducing thrust. You say you are using a derated take off but it honestly sounds like you are using TOGA.Whilst the plane will fly at anything other than 1x it wont be able to stick ridgely to a route - there will always be some deviation. I have however flown at 8x on routes that dont have severe angles. Solution is to not use acceleration or dont include such large changes in direction.PNF voices - This is not something we have added in the past (by design). It isnt to say that we wont do in the future.Wing "shaking" - I assume you mean wing flex? Any more and it would look like a bird flapping it's wings!From what I can gather (remember my fort

>Rather than increasing pitch you should be reducing thrust. >You say you are using a derated take off but it honestly>sounds like you are using TOGA.*** Dear Norman, my point was to highlight that instead of climbing at 4200++fps at 243knots/h, it should reduce pitch to meet the 250 selected!I believe this is how it should work, whatever is the thrust setting. can others confirm?I am using TO-2 and even 60

2. Landing... I find the rudder too efficient when doing manual landing. I reduced its efficiency in the aircraft.cfg and things have improved. I think the plane reacts too fast to rudder change....hi i have this problem as well in the 777 can you explain what you changed in the aircraft cfg file to eliminate this?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>hi i have this problem as well in the 777 can you explain what>you changed in the aircraft cfg file to eliminate this?What I did is change "rudder_effectiveness = 1.0" (or whatever was the original value) to something less. [i am not on my FS9 computer and cannot tell]. Try trial and error.HOWEVER, I cannot guarantee this won't effect performance of the aircraft.. And I am not sure it is the ultimate answer/solution to this problem.That is why I asked PSS to investigate and revert, if possible.I think the aircraft (757 at least) has also too much elevator trim efficiency...Hope this will help you.Regards,Ghiom

ActuallyI did the change for the PSS 757.I am not sure it has the same effect for PSS 777.I don't remember exactly to what figure I changed but it must by 0.1 or 0.2 less.RegardsGhiomPS: No problem with overclimbing?

can you have a look and tell me what exact number you put in.thanks

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.