Sign in to follow this  
huntr

dll files and poor frame rates

Norman, I wonder if you have any further advice concerning the poor frame rates one or two of us are having with the 757 - and to a lesser extent the 777? I have a Dell XPS well tuned, deep defrags etc and good fps with other addons including PMDG 747. I have converted the 757 textures to DXT3, tried mipmaps and deleted the dreaded dsd_xml_tcas.dll and its .ini file but this has made only a marginal change and fps are still in single figures. Are there any other .dll files that you suspect? Do you have any other suggestions? There seems to be wide praise for the 757 from those not having this problem and I have almost all of your products which have served me well and provided much fun over the years.Your thoughts would be appreciatedThanks

Guest NormanB

Richard,One of the testers (the only one to live in the same country a me!) uses an XPS. It will be a couple of days before I see him next but during testing he was very happy with frame rates.

Richard,I have great sympathy; there is obviously a problem somewhere but, as Norman says, it was never seen in testing - and I have a relatively mediocre system.One option to try and isolate the problem - install a clean version of FS 9.1 with just the PSS 757 and no other add-ons. It does not take long and you can easily keep, and revert back to, your current installation. That should point towards either a software or hardware problem.Let me know if you need any advice in doing this.John Rooum

Thanks JohnI appreciate that this is probably the ultimate diagnostic test butI would prefer not to do something so drastic when the system is otherwise working so well - it would involve far too many reinstalls!Would prefer to work through other possible files in FS9 which might be doing thisPresumably .dll files are the most typical culprits. Scenery seems unlikely because this is not location or altitude dependent. What about sound files??

Richard,There is a way without having the need to reinstall anything, However, I can understand your reluctance. A couple of thoughts:Is your fps problem in all views ie 2D panel, VC, spot etc?How is it with all the FS9 display settings at default?How is it in the cruise - clear blue sky, AI traffic at zero etc?I am off line now until tomorrow am {zulu} - let me know if there is anything I can help with then.John

Thanks again JohnHappens with all views and at altitude with clear skieshave not tried it with default settings - most of my settings are set well to the right and fps capped at 38fps. traffic set at 20-25%Most other aircraft performing at 17-38 fps depending on locationWill try the default settings tonite

Hi there,I've tried deleting the fs9.cfg file without success and went as far as uninstalling gigs of add-ons, just to rule out anything possible to no avail. I've posted a similar problem but haven't seen a response from PSS about it, it might be a minority of us that experiences this problem.See this thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=16696&page=2...still hoping this problem will ge away with a future patch, I just like this 757 too much.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.