Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

777 patch 2 window heat bug

Since applying 777 patch 2.0, I've noticed that on the 2D overhead panel the left side window heat pushbutton is slightly too low compared to the other three. It still works but the visual effect stands out on the panel like the proverbial dog's b******s.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sorry to bump my own post, but is this fixed by patch 2.1 (just noticed it on the site, but haven't tried it yet)?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest poschrob

I think 2.1 is only a corrected version of the installer.Rob

I had used patch 2.0. Installing 2.1 over it didn't seem to make any difference. The Left Side Window Heat PB is still slightly out of position.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Has no one else noticed this? Can anyone confirm that their overhead window heat panel looks OK in 2D view? If so I will try a full re-install of my 777, but I don't want to waste time doing that if others have the same problem.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,I suspect that it has been there since first release - perhaps too minor for the majority to notice.And, if you look hard enough, you will find a similar one on the 757.John Rooum

Possibly, but I'm not going to re-install V1.0 or 1.1 to find out. :)Hopefully PSS will fix the GAU file eventually.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sometime fonts can look strange at different resolutions. I normally run the FS9 at 1280x960 (the best my monitor and video card can manage). When I switched to 1024x768 the window heat buttons lined up correctly.Can someone at PSS look to see whether there is a bug in the gauge at 1280x960 resolution?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,Your resolution seems to be the odd one out. At 1280x1024 - the natural res on my monitor - the switches are ok, also at lower resolutions; except at 1280x960 where the left switch seems to drop down.Not sure whether this is a bug or just a function of the problems of developing for so many different combinations of graphics cards/monitors/drivers etc. John Rooum

Guest NormanB

Like John my natural resolution is 1280*1024I dont have FS9 installed anymore but will try the current gauge in FSX to see if I see the same issues. Whilst it may sound a cop out, I tend to agree with John; it truly can be a case of so many variants.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try 1280x1024 when I get a chance.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.