Sign in to follow this  
adamant365

Theory About Seemingly Excessive Thrust on 757

I flew a USAF RF-4C Recce Phantom II at Edwards AFB California. 2'50" from brake release to mach 2 at 35,000 feet. This in no way is state-of-the-art, nor was it when the flight took place 31 years ago in autumn 1975.>To fl380 with no step climbs pauses, was 94nm, in 16 minutes which >is 2375fpm, a saturn rocket or an F15 will do better but not by >much.

Guest Rake7575

I've been flying the 757-200 with PWs...I get asymmetric yaw and inching forward on startup of number 1 with parking brake set and idle power (w/o looking I believe @25% N1)...then an inching forward with both engines at idle on the ground...I've recalibrated my CH Throttle etc...still happens...not a huge deal but an issue when parked close to the terminal bldgs.Does anyone else have similar?ThanksRake

NoI usually star a flight with the engines running. (no time to do the full start-up procedure).I know the PSS-757 is not very good for ground behaviour. The PSS-777 is even worse: it moves forward when engines are idle and park brake not set. I really wonder whether this is realistic?PSS have explained the FDE in FS2004 is a compromise between in-air behaviour and ground handling . I am sure other add-ons don't have this problem!I nay case, did you notice the problem I am facing and that is very bothering: target speed not reached when on climb (a few knots below, although with a rocket-type climb attitude?).Thank youGhiom

> it moves forward when engines are idle>and park brake not set. I really wonder whether this is>realistic?It very well could be, and ordinary if encountered. BTW others complained here that the PSS B757PW lacked sufficient ground thrust. >target speed not reached when on climb (a few>knots below, although with a rocket-type climb attitude?).This is true and IMO needs some work.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.