Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

FS2004 will not launch with 757 installed

I thought things were going too well with this great plane.I have found that when I install the 757, it will work fine on 2 flights / FS2004 lauches, then beyond that, when I launch FS2004 it just permanently hangs on the FS2004 screensaver pic but will not launch.As soon as I uninstall the 757, FS2004 works again!I have repeated this sequence 4 times and the same always happens.I then uninstalled ALL other add-ons and made a fresh FS2004 install but the same is still happening.Is anyone else having any similar problems ?I also have problems (when FS2004 is working during the 2 flights), whenever I load the 757 (from default flight scenario), with the radios and some electrics not working. I seem to constantly have to reset the IDG Drives and even then this will not reset electrical power to the radios and some other devices, even though APU is on (+ APU GEN), or with External Power connected.At the moment, I am having to leave the PSS 757 uninstalled from my set-up, just so that I can ued FS2004 !Any clues ?:-(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave (I think thats your name?)Wow, a bizarre one indeed. First, there is nothing that loads when FS starts to do with the 757 unless of course its your default flight.When you say you uninstalled completely did you delete your fs9.cfg? What about other files in C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9 ?I wont be around for the next 24hours, save the odd check in the forum but emails to support will still be answered by others if you want to follow up there.

Thanks Norman,(Sorry for not signing the post!).Yes, I wholly accept that this is something to do with my config, rather than the product, as from looking at the forum it's clear that others aren't having this drastic issue.It's a strange one .... yes, I did delete the FS9.cfg to get a full fresh re-install. I suspect my PC may have a virus of some sort, or that somehow, I am getting corrupt dowloads of the 757.... it's frustrating because the few flights I've had with the 757 before the problems keep returning have been fab - I truly love the 757 and think it's the best PSS release to date.I am shortly going to revert to using a 2nd PC (a Dell P4) as I have a number of issues with my AMD FX55 - supposedly a wonderful PC but has proved unreliable in many respects, especially with the GeForce 7800 video card that also clashes with a number of other add-ons, where it can cut off half of the screen when things like the FS kneeboard are brought up. My Dell P4 has a decent level ATI Radeon instead of the GeForce, so again that will resolve my issues.I expect the 757 to work as others are seeing with the P4!Thanks,Dave.

Sign in to follow this