Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Old problems with new v2.1 base installer

Just reinstalled using the 2.1 base installer, and a couple of old problems cropped up.Firstly, the clock night texture issue is back. With the floods and backlighting engaged the bottom half again is replaced by the top of the day texture.Also, with the floods off, there are some areas where text isn't covered by the green backlighting. Again this occurs on the clock, the radio panel, and the area around the gear handle.Theres also a problem with the FIX function with PLAN view on the ND. The selected fix doesn't move with the route in PLAN mode when stepping through the individual fixes in the LEGS page of the FMC.

Guest NormanB

The only changes in the installers from 1.1 to 2.1 is that the files from the v2.1 update were incorporated and the flag set to 2.1

Well how comes the night texture on the clock was fixed when I installed the patch file, and now it isn't? Obviously something has gone wrong there. I suggest you re-check the files contained within the installer. Download them off the server and install the plane to see what I mean.

Is this problem going to be fixed then? I'm sure I didn't imagine screwed up textures on the clock.

PhilYou are not imagining it. I will have ago at trying to isolate the file version which had this clock issue fixed.John Rooum

PhilI get the corrupt clock textures only when I select the Elapsed Time Selector from HOLD to RUN.Can you confirm which version of the 777 gave you the correct clock texture; similarly, was this the same version that had the correct lighting to all the labelling with floods off?John Rooum

Never had correct lighting for all the labelling with floods off.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157674.jpgThe clock texture didn't seem to appear when I upgraded using the downloadable 2.0 patch. Only when I re-installed using the new 2.1 base installer. It seems you can still use the button though.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157675.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157677.jpg

Phil,Been through a bit of history on the lighting {at least what I found in my folders}:1. The issue of missing label lighting without floods seems to have been there since the initial release and in the subsequent updates.2. The clock problem was not present on initial release - it appeared with the first update.John Rooum

Same here. I have sent an email to PSS regarding tis and other issues, but as of yet no reply.Can someone from PSS please comment on this issue.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.