Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

777 "box" on top

my belief was incorrect. the 'box' is not a 'Connexion by Boeing' antenna.my contact at boeing says one: not a 'bbc'; and, two: 'all bbc antennas were removed from aircraft in dec. '06' (this is for future reference as the picture posted was from nov. '06.).well ... back to the question at hand, "what is the box."my new guess: extra seating ;-)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

(i have a lot of friends that are from the region so it was by all means not meant like that...i used them cause its a korean air on the picture...but i guess you cant say anything these days without it being racist or offend somebody :/)back to the point...i couldnt fint anything on this on the boeing site...though its hard to look when you dont know what it is :(

Could it be an 'OnAir' comms antenna.The OnAir satellite based service is offered by a number of Asian based operators allowing SMS messaging to all passengers. To me the 'bump' does look like a conformal satellite antenna.I may be jumping to conclusions but as both Korean and Singapore operate in that part of the world it could be the answer.Rick

Guest AirForcePilot

It's a satellite TV antenna. When I used to work line service and went through PLST training, during the de-icing class they went over various parts of the aircraft that should not be sprayed....that was one of them. Initially Jet Blue was the only known airline to have that feature but I suppose several others have gotten them as well.

Guest Phoenix5

Thank you for solving that small mystery

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.