Sign in to follow this  
Coqui297

DTX3 Textures 757

Hey Norman, did you get the DTX3 textures that someone was going to send you so they can be post it in the user edits section for the 757? Carlos........

Sorry Norman, I didn't see it this weekend when I checked. Thanks Carlos

Guest NormanB

Carlos,I only uploaded them earlier today. I had to install a VC set into FS9 so I could check them again myself. I didnt really notice much difference either in performance or quality.

Guest chriscp

Hello Norman,Of course you cannot notice any difference.Those textures are not DTX3 at all.Their size is fully same as PSS ones.I will try to search on the web a livery with DTX3 texturesRegards,Christian

>Hello Norman,>>Of course you cannot notice any difference.>Those textures are not DTX3 at all.>Their size is fully same as PSS ones.>>I will try to search on the web a livery with DTX3 textures>>Regards,>Christian :-lol maybe you don't have an idea what DXT3 textures are but the file size is smaller as the orginals but the the bitmap size has nothing to do with the file format ;-)Those are for sure DXT3 made them myself :-lolTotal file size of the VC textures are almost the same as one in 32bit ;-)Have fun ;-)Andr

André

Guest NormanB

Christian,>I have seen DTX3 clouds texture whose size file were really>smaller than 32 bits ones.>I thought it was same way for planes...It is the same - these textures are for the virtual cockpit and are, as Andr

Guest chriscp

Hello,I just see by now VC DTX3 textures made by Andr

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.