Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

ZFW 753

Was wondering what the default ZFW is for the 753.

John K

Guest NormanB

There is no such thing as a default Zero Fuel Weight.ZFW is derived from the following:APS Weight + adjustments + total traffic load = ZFWThe APS weight is the basic weight plus a standard 2/3 crew and pantry.In other words, the more passengers / bags / cargo you have then the higher the ZFW will be.

What I ment was the weight of the PSS 753 is until the load editor comes out.

John K

Guest NormanB

This weight will change depending on what you have loaded (the FS9 loader still works).The aircraft cfg contains the basic weight. To this you will need to add the basic weight, along with the crew, passengers etc.[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]max_gross_weight = 273000.000empty_weight = 150000.000

Norman, the guy is just asking for a figure that will work in his FMC?Not everyone has the knowledge you possess so cut some slack sometimes eh?I had a similar problem with the A320 and it DID spoil my enjoyment of using it.When the Load Editor comes to the surface, he'll be happier IMO.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest NormanB

Dave,You clearly are missing the point here. ZFW will change for every flight depending on the amount of passengers and bags so whilst I could say use use 160,000 lbs / 73 Tonnes that would not be the same as his plane is loaded - in other words providing a magic figure would be completely pointless.By providing the basic weight and maximum figures John would be able to input the figure himself by adding the traffic load, making sure it doesnt exceed the maximum.Ab easier way of course is to right click the LSK next to the ZFW prompt which will autofill the data.

>>Ab easier way of course is to right click the LSK next to the>ZFW prompt which will autofill the data.>Norman, This is what we want mate, easy and helpful solutions. Does it work on the A320 also?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest NormanB

>Norman, This is what we want mate, easy and helpful solutions.>Does it work on the A320 also?The real aircraft doesnt do this but its a feature we added, as mentioned in the manuals.

Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active member of the Ipplepen Flightsim club.Why not try it - but remember when the A320 series was first developed!RegardsJohn Rooum{Pity there are no clubs in my part of the country}

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.