Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

FS9 and FSX

Hi,Just a quick question, once FSX has been released and the relevant updates made available for the 757 etc. will we be able to keep FS9 with the 757 and also install FSX with a separate version of 757 or will it only be possible to have one install of the 757... on either FS9 or FSX...?ThanksPHIL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>one install of the 757... on either FS9 or FSX...?>ThanksI have it installed on both right now.

Thanks Norman, that's the answer I was hoping for!Do you have FS9 and FSX on different partitions or would I be able to instal FSX on my D drive aswell as FS9 and them both to run in tandem...?ThanksPHIL

It wont work in the beta. I am still downloading the release version so wont know for another day what changes are needed.Edit to add:The version of FSUIPC we have wont work with the release version of FSX. Pete Dowson has to make some changes first.

Thanks for the reply Norman. I had also mentioned on another forum about the two versions of FSX which will be marketed and that some retailers are either not aware that there are standard and deluxe or are only selling the standard version initially. Do you know if this will create any problems with compatibility?Ron

Ron,Whilst I have yet to see the standard version, my basic understanding is that the differences are like previous versions - not as many aircraft, no SDK and a couple of other, smaller issues.My gut feeling is that there should be no real difference as far as add on developers are concerned.

Sign in to follow this