Sign in to follow this  
adamant365

Number of AIRAC cylcle in CDU

Hello All, Does anyone know how to change the CDU INIT page to display the proper AIRAC cycle. I downloaded Terry Yingling's lateset airac (0610) and it seems as if this does not update the actual cycle number. Is there a file I can edit that contains this info? I know it's a tiny detail but I do know that it is illegal (in real life) to fly with expired navigation data. Thanks in advance for the help!-adam

Hi AdamI am pretty sure that Terry Yinglins files only add terminal procedures to the fmc, in order to update the airac past 0608 to the current 0610, you now have to purchase credits from Navigraph and download the latest airac cycle, which will update your fmc. You can then update monthly to the current cycles until your credits run out. This system replaces the free cycle updates that were from navdata site which i believe the last free cycle was 0608.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Yeah, I realize that, but my question (I should have been more clear I guess) actually is, what file is the AIRAC cycle number and dates imbedded in? Where does the CDU look to read this info? I can manually edit the file so that it says the right dates even though the actual data may not be totally current...thanks again!-adam

Hi again AdamSorry for the confusion in answering your question, but I have no idea how to achieve what you are asking. As a user of Navigraph i would have no need to try and find out, hope others can help youregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest NormanB

Adam,Im out and about at the moment so dont have access to the file structure. The thing is whilst you can change the cosmetics of the display the underlying airac will still remain the older version - airac changes include more than just SID/STAR changes. Like John, I would heartily recommend the updates available at navdata (through navigraph).

Guest Steve_Park

Adam, What I have always done in the pass and I assume it will still work is download and install Richard's AIRAC cycles from his web site, which do update the date in the FMS/CDU display. Then I download and update Terry Yingling's (http://planepath.com/) SID/STAR updates, which 610 will be the last because of the loss of the defence department data. This has worked great on the PSS, PMDG, LEVEL D, WILCO PUB, and FEELTHERE addon's that I use. Next cycle Richard will be releasing the Sid's and Star's in his releases at navigraph.com. I know for the PMDG/LVLD there is a file in the FMCWPNavdata folder named FMC_IDENT.txt that set's the display, but I have not been able to find the equalivent in the PSS Navdata folder. I suggest you go ahead and spend the 10 euro's for the update service.Steve Park

You can edit the cycle in the pssxxx.dat's located in PssNavData. They're editable in notepad. Enter the excact same info in all the dat's and the right cycle will show up in the cdu.If you're not flying online, who cares if the navdata is not up to date, as long as the cdu shows the right date.

Rune B.

I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO PUMP OUT EVERY 28 DAYS THE PEOPLE WHO INVENTED TE SOFTWARE SHOULD GIVE YOU A CHOICE FOR THE FINACIALY STRUGGLING AND LEAVE THE FMC OUT WHEN YOU INSTALL AS A OPTION AND PUT IN A GPS I RATHER HAVE THE GPS ANYWAY. I HAVE WILCO'S CIT X.

I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO PUMP OUT EVERY 28 DAYS THE PEOPLE WHO INVENTED TE SOFTWARE SHOULD GIVE YOUA CHOICE FOR THE FINACIALY STRUGGLING AND LEAVE THE FMC OUT WHEN YOU INSTALL AS A OPTION AND PUT INA GPS I RATHER HAVE THE GPS ANYWAY. I HAVE WILCO'S CIT X.
Your CAPS key seems to be stuck. You need not update your AIRAC data if you choose not to - the original data works just fine with FS. The Boeings use an FMC - if you don't want an FMC equipped plane, you shouldn't have bought it.DJ

I didn't know one plane was going to cost me out the wazzo besides I thought It got the info from WILCO they out to state that' on the box that addintall charges will occur.besides when I bought It I was looking for the one from EAGLESOFT.And I was getting my AIRAC'S FROM TERRY! AND MY CAPS KEY IS STUCK TRYING TO GET THE MONEY FOR A NEW ON.RIghtNOW I HAVE ABOUT 400.00 TO 500.00 A MONTH JUST IN MEDS AN THAT DON'T INCLUDE THE DR BILLS!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.