Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

Just a question not a bash.

Guest PowderBlue

Is PSS gonna make a patch for the 757? I have a couple issues most of them have been addressed but why won't my nav lights,beacons etc. Come on? Are there gonna be new sounds sets because these seem like they were put together in 2 days and I hope there is a patch because were about 70% of the way done with a great A/C Also someone stated that the winglets were at the wrong angle and this is correct. I'm around 757s all day and Northwest just started getting there 757s with winglets out of the hangars and its at about a 15 degree angle.

That was me. I assume you mean 15 degrees from vertical?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest PowderBlue

Yes Sir, NWA just started rolling ours out of the hangars. Gotta say on any plane but the 757 they look good But I just can't fit them on the 757 in my head. But Yes 15 from vertical. on the 757 like the 737 they are quite large in the vertical.

Guest NormanB

John,As a dispatcher, I too work around aircraft all day, including 757. Whilst I probably wont be able to get on a HILO next to the COA757 with a protractor to measure the angle, I am pretty sure it is a whole lot more than 15 degrees since as you would expect this is something we researched.

Guest bjjones

>Yes Sir,>> NWA just started rolling ours out of the hangars. Gotta say>on any plane but the 757 they look good But I just can't fit>them on the 757 in my head. But Yes 15 from vertical. on the>757 like the 737 they are quite large in the vertical.15 degrees as an estimation is a pretty good one, I dont have 757 diagrams handy but assuming Boeings diagrams are accurate, on the 737NG the angle from the vertical is roughly 20 degrees plus or minus a few.http://bjones4.co.uk/temp/winglet.gif

Guest NormanB

Whilst I didnt have a protractor (and I am sure I would have had strange looks if I had asked to get the HILO next to the wing!) I studied one of the 757s earlier and would tend to think that around 20 degrees is what I could see - much the same as our model.

Guest PowderBlue

WEll I can walk right up to the wings and although I really don't care because I personally don't like the look of it, it seems to be a bit more then 20. I'm not saying it isn't 20 it just looks more along the lines of the 35 or so for the 744 and A330. Are there gonna be sound updates to the model? These models seem to lack the exterior whining that those famous engines make.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.