Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gunnyret

FS9 Crashes

Guest Gunnyret

I am suffering from crashes of the 757 program when I attempt to load the flight plan from the FMC. I am getting a msg. that I believe says something about a buffering problem. I cannot be certain becuase the msg does not last enough on the screen for me to read it completely.Also did I imagine or is there an update file for the 757?Thanks Richard

Guest NormanB

Richard,At this time there isnt an update for the 757.The plan that is crashing things - is this the only plan or does it crash on all plans?

Guest Gunnyret

Hi Norman,It's crashing in other flight plans, when I tried.Richard

RichardIf you have a lot of flight plans in your FS9 folder, do a search in this forum for "buffer overflow".John Rooum

Guest Gunnyret

Norman, it appears I can manual enter the flight plan the problem occurs when I scroll down the archived plans and somewhere in th 'C's" the crash occurs.

Richard,See above - are you looking in the PSS saved flight plans or the FS9 flight plan folder?John Rooum

Guest Gunnyret

John,I am looking in the PSS saved flights and interesting enough, when I attempted to load a flight from the PSS saved flights in the 777 the same thing occured. JOhn I did what you suggested and found some material referring to GAP and buffer overflow, but not the solution. I am pushing 1.25 G in my RAM and thought this would be enough to prevent any memory issues.Thanks for your help, appreciate it.Richard

Guest NormanB

The plans that you have - how were they generated? How many plans do you have in the folder?

Guest Gunnyret

Through fs9, NormanRichard

Guest NormanB

Richard,The navdata in FS9 isnt the same, by any stretch of the imagination, as is found in the FMC. What happens when you load a flightplan created in the FMC?

Guest Gunnyret

It works.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.