Sign in to follow this  
RDG41

777 and 757 FMC problems

Hi all,I have a problem with the current AIRAC, 0610, for the PSS 777 and 757. I planned a route from KSEA to KLAX and added a STAR thru MOOR3 for runway 7L.I've done a comparison of this STAR procedure with PMDG 747,737, LEVEL-D 767 and PSS 777,757 and the PSS FMC does'nt show the proper transition route. The route should read WAKER,FEKIL,TURKA,RWY7L, but instaed reads,WAKER,RWY7L, which evidently does'nt line up the aircraft to the final approach properly. I've attached a screen shot of three FMC's to show the differences.Has anyone else had this expierience? Thanks,Ron

sorry, here are the screen shots again in this order, 777,757, level-d767 and pmdg747.

Guest DELTA767

Although I don't own the PSS 757 I own the PSS 777. The airac file is not the problem. Try going to navdata.at and downloading the SID/STAR file for KLAX. Also, try entering the fixes manually into the FMC for that runway. Walker is the last fix on the MOORPARK3 arrival with a pilot expecting to cross at 6,000 then vectors to final after Walker. What is suggest is downloading the ILS approach plate for ILS rwy7L then manually insert the fixes for the runway after Walker until your established on the localizer. You can find the plates on myairplane.comor airnav.com/klax.

Thanks for your reply "delta767".I was beginning to think that i was the only one experiencing this. I appreciate your instuctions on reloading the FMC for the missing waypoints and i will be trying that tonight. But the real point i was trying to bring across without sounding like I'm bashing PSS(I'm really happy with the product ) is how come the proper route shows up in the PMDG and LEVEL-D but not in my PSS planes?Ron

Guest DELTA767

I fully understand what your coming from. It seems like the SID/STAR database for the LDS 767 and PMDG 737NG (which I both own buy the way)have the transitions for the stars as well as the transition for the final approach course to an ils approach. However, with the PSS products for example the MOORPARK3 arrival, you'll have the transition for entering the arrival but the if you enter say rwy7r for arrival it just gives you Walker then direct CFILS7R then RWY7R. That's why I print the approach plates and I enter them into the FMC. Although some approaches are listed in the FMC with the LDS and PMDg products I always have the STAR and the runway that I've been cleared to available as a reference either online or by printing. I do those mostly because I fly on VATSIM. Take Care!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.