Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rake7575

PSS 757 Engine Anti-Ice

Guest Rake7575

Is it correct to assume I'm also getting pitot/static heat with engine anti-ice on? I've had the airspeed tape roll back to its bottom limit--and thrust kick in with VNAV engaged--while engine anti-ice was engaged both in a climb configuration and a descent. Tape will roll back for about 10 seconds then re-engage and go back to original VNAV or Speed setting with A/T engaged.As an aside when thinking about pitot/static issues in the 757, I'm recalling a real-world 757 crash in 1996 or 97 immediately after takeoff in Santo Domingo I believe...there was an obstruction in the pitot/static tube which made the aircraft "think" it was at a much higher thrust setting/airpseed and automatically reduced thrust...the pilot failed to disengage A/T soon enough and the aircraft stalled.Thanks in advance.Rake

>>Is it correct to assume I'm also getting pitot/static heat with engine anti-ice on? No, pitot/static heat in a 757 is electrically controlled only and totally automatic as long as either engine is running.Tom

Guest deltamike172

I experience the same issue. The wierd part is, I'm not sure it always does it when in icing conditions. One thing is for certain, it tends to do it on climbout and at least once a flight.Dan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.