Sign in to follow this  
Gerabus

FSX

Guest NormanB

Javier,Please see the topic at the top of the forum.

Guest theundertaker1998

Hey Norman,Well i only use FSX now. I uninstalled FS2004,And i want to use the 777 in fsx which you said you had in youres. Any way of saying how you did it .Like a step by step guide? ThanksJames

Guest Rake7575

Thanks Norman--I apologize for being a bit off PSS subject but very informative!Been in FSX "tweaking ####" past few days like many others...one thing I'd like to share is that there's only a 5-8fps improvement going from a 512MB video card (ATI X1900XTX) to a 1GB video card (Nvidia 7950 GX2)...I've experimented with both and not a noticeable increase given 512MB more video memory...on average on my system I'm getting 30-40fps (shots below) away from huge scenery monsters like KATL, KLAX, KORD, KLGA etc etc...at the large airports with lots of autogen, I'm getting 15-20fps with a top1% system. So for folks thinking about upgrading to an equivalent system as mine, I'd recommend hanging on for a while. Biggest limfac in my view right now is CPU technology/until more coding flow to the GPU.Even though most agree that performance will improve with vista and DX10 (assuming upgrade to a DX10 video card--see Nvidia G80) including myself, I think there are some underlying coding issues that must get resolved first (one is coding for dual core--another is coding so that more processing is done by the GPU--neither of which will ever occur in this FS release format). Do you have any data on how PSS 757 impacts FSX frame rates? Given that it saps some performance in FS9, I can't imagine what it's going to do in FSX (in it's current state)--not a flame (I love the PSS 757)--just the reality of FSX.RakeAMD FX-60NVidia 7950 GX2 (1GB) video 4 GB low latency RAMRaptor 150GB 10000rpm HDDell 24" wide (1950x1200 resolution in FSX)FSXalps.jpgfsxksea.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

Hey, Rake,In your tweaking, did you stumble across this in uyour FSX CFG file?[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0Virtual copilot? I can't find anything about this in the documentation that came with my FSX nor can i find any menu options for this in my UI. Figured since you are one of us that are tweaking maybe you stumbled into it as well?If this is really some virtual first officer -- makes me wonder if it would interact with 3rd party add-ons. I am not touching this setting though unless I confirm what the heck it really is and if it would have negative impact on add-ons such as PSS.Chris

Guest Rake7575

ChrisNo I haven't seen that one and I don't recall how you activate VC copilot...maybe like RC4...handles radio switches etc automatically...or could be for the mulitplayer copilot option...lots of nooks and grannys to explore for sure in FSX.Rakefsxoahu.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.