Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianlr

How long for liveries to appear in user edits?

Guest brianlr

Hi moderatorsI have twice sent some liveries for the 757 to the prescribed address and it is now more than two weeks down the track. They are yet to appear in the user edits list.Are these uploads being monitored at present? Is there a log-jam of liveries to be checked and placed online? Can you give me a time frame, as there are people waiting for them to appear? Or can I alternatively upload them to flightsim.com or AVSIM (as many others are doing)?Perhaps those waiting for the RAAF or starline liveries previously displayed in this forum might drop me a message with their email addresses and I will email the files to you.Regards,Brian

Guest NormanB

Brian,Liveries generally go up within 24-48 hours - usually quicker. I have looked constantly for your RAAF one but yet to see it. To confirm you are sending them to liveries @ phoenix - simulation dot co dot uk ?

Guest brianlr

Hi NormanThanks for a prompt reply - yes that is the address I sent them to and the last time they were sent was Monday 2 October 2006. Could you please let me know if you need me to send them again?Regards,Brian

Guest NormanB

Brian,>them to and the last time they were sent was Monday 2 October>2006. Could you please let me know if you need me to send>them again?Just checked - no, nothing :(

Guest brianlr

Hi NormanI have just re-sent the three liveries in three separate emails ... they should be with you right now.Regards,Brian

Guest sb55mv

Hi Brian / Norman,Well, I have followed the instructions, and yet I simply can't get this aircraft to show up in FS,I added the file to the FS9 Texture directory as instructed, then added the texture folder to the 752RR folder, and added the text which came with the zip file to the aircraft config file, and changed the number to the next sequential number, but I still don't see it in FS.any ideas!thanks,PS, below is a copy of the text added to the aircraft config for convenience.[fltsim.11]title=PSS 757-200 RR rear hatch exit RAAFsim=PSSB752_RRmodel=hpanel=sound=rrtexture=RAAFatc_id=752atc_airline=AIR FORCEatc_flight_number=752atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type="757-200 RR rear hatch exit"ui_variation=Royal Australian Air Forcedescription="757-200 with RollsRoyce RB211-535E4B engines nnArtwork by Brian RobinsonnnAs the 757 is not flown by Australian airlines or by international airlines serving Australia, this fictitious RAAF plane is designed to be less obviously out of place in Australian airspace than a ficticious airliner. The livery looks similar to that of the VIP 737-700 used by the RAAF and gives Australian virtual pilots an excellent 757 aircraft to fly in Australian skies. Enjoy!" atc_id_color=0x00000000atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0visual_damage=1atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP

Guest NormanB

Steve,>ui_manufacturer=Boeing;)

Guest sb55mv

Hi Norman,lets pretend I don't know what you mean, and that I missed the point here because it's Friday, and I'm shattered from the weeks work,so, could you elaborate a little please, is it that I missed out the "Boeing-PSS" here !Thanks Norman,

Guest NormanB

That is exactly it Steve. I bet if you look you will find your elusive plane under Boeing. If you change that line to Boeing-PSS then it will appear where you expected it.

Guest sb55mv

rgr, done Norman,Thanks for the heads up, I just couldn't see it.is there any chance it can be changed in the file from Brian, so it doesn't happen to others.Thanks again.

Guest NormanB

Steve,User edits are provided as is. Certainly if Brian fires a new version over I can upload it.

Guest brianlr

Hi Steve & NormanHave just returned from a weekend away - sorry you could not find the aircraft. I must confess that I did not think about the average user who may not have thought to look in the default Boeing folder. Apologies!I normally keep all my aircraft of a particular brand together with an identifier in the text file to show in the listing which software company produced it. I will discuss with Norman the updating of the .cfg file entries for the three aircraft so that you have the option of placing the aircraft in the default Boeing-PSS or the Boeing categories.Regards,Brian

Guest sb55mv

Hi Brian,Thanks for doing that Brian, it would make life easier for people I think.I must admit, I never thought of looking at the .cfg file to make it work in the PSS folder, I just assumed it was set that way.I only used the RAAF textures, as I said before, I thought it was a nice change from the every day airline colours.Thanks again,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.