Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

FMC Fuel Prediction

Is there a value in the aircraft.cfg or in the FMC itself to alter the fuel prediction? Just completed a flight from Boston to London, and the FMC predicted abot 4T on the ground at Boston. 4 Hours into the flight, it had incresed to 25T, and landed with 33T left in the tanks.

Guest brand_da_man

Try turning on AutoMixture in your FS Realism settings, worked for me.

Guest ALT2024

I had the same problem today in the 772. The fuel calculator told me I needed 180000lb approx for EGCC-VTBS but the FMC said the tanks would be dry en route. So I went with the FMC prediction and loaded 50000lb of extra fuel. And guess what... I'm descending now on the STAR to VTBS and the FMC is predicting I'll have 50000lb of fuel left on arrival. No wonder there is a fuel jettison feature included! :)So it looks as though the fuel calculator was right and the FMC fuel burn prediction is a tad pessimistic.

This is a known problem with both the 777 and 757. The FMC programming has something wrong with the algorim that predicts fuel ussage. However if you trust your prefligght calculations (and their feul planner is right on), then just ignore the low fuel messsage. It will work out in the end. Other payware aircraft seem to be able to handle this issue without any problem, but I've never seen an official reply about it from PSS despite many comments in the forum.

I have noticed with a couple other addons, that fuel prediction will show you low during initial climb. Once you reach cruise it usually recalculates fuel use and will show correct values.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.