Sign in to follow this  
RDG41

Warning sounds

Hi,Can anyone tell me if I should be hearing a warning sound when approaching the set altitude? And if so, is there some place where it can be turned off or on? Currently, I'm not hearing any warning when approaching the set altitude.Thanks, Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ron,No, there is no sound when approaching - a check on the forum shows that this is as per real life on type.

Thanks Norman,I did in fact check through the forum but didn't see anything relating. Thanks Again, Ron

On the 757, when approaching the set altitude there is no aural tone, just an alert light on the altimeter. Deviating from the altitude results in an EICAS caution (with aural beeps).The 777 is similar except there is no altitude alert light but the altitude window on the PFD gets a white highlight box around it.I assume the philosophy of this is that there should be no aural tone when things are operating normally. When hand-flying, the FD will provide altitude capture guidance which should also alert the pilot to the approaching altitude.On the 777 the traditional altitude alert tone is an option, and it may well be on the 757 too. Actually, it's a pity PSS didn't include this in the airline options for both sims.Kevin

Thanks Kevin for you in depth answer. I learn something new here all the time.Cheers, Ron