Sign in to follow this  
Guest miguelnog

Autopilot PSS 777 Professional

Guest miguelnog

Hello! I need Help!I'm knew to Flght Simulator and i bought PSS 777 Professional.During Flight, takeoff, cruise and descent are ok, using the autopilot. But when ATC clears me for aproach and i receive vectors for ILS Landing, i dont have on the radio, a place to enter the frequency of the runway.Can anyone tell me how the autopilot will track the Localizer, if i can't enter the runway frequency?Sorry my english. I'm from Portugal.All the best!Miguel

Guest Victor Sussman

Hi Miguel -- Glad your here. (By the way, your English is excellent, so no worries there!)Anyway, to answer your question -- the PSS 777 is a pretty complex addon, and it simulates a lot of the systems that are found on the real 777.On the 777, navigation radios are tuned under the NAV RAD page on the FMC. What you want to do is open the FMC window, click on the NAV RAD button and this will bring up the page with the navigation radios. The ILS frequency and course is usually automatically put in if you've programmed an appropriate flight plan and selected an arrival runway, however, you can also manually input the frequency.1) Using the keypad for the FMC, type in the frequnecy and localizer course (e.g. 109.30/237).2) Paste the information onto the line below where it says ILS-MLS using the button to the left of that line. (It's called a line select key or LSK).3) The magenta localizer and glideslope needles should come to life on the primary flight display along with the localizer name to the upper left of the PFD.4) Engage LOC and then APP mode and you should have no problem executing a full autoland.Also, as you mention you are new to FS, I highly encourage you to examine the manuals that shipped with the 777. They cover all of hte exciting features included in this proudct, and will go a long way in enhancing your enjoyment. :)Best regards,Victor

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.