Sign in to follow this  
Jet2

CAT I Landing

Hi all, first post in the AVSIM forums for me but i'm becoming frustrated with this little issue and would just like to know if there's something or nothing I can do about it, will make me feel better!Wanted to know if it was possible to execute a CAT I approach on the autopilot in single channel mode down to DH before manual disconnecting and 'handing' her down, every time i try this on arming APP mode on the MCP as soon as pass through 1000agl the remaining 2 autopilots automatically engage even though I dont want them to and LAND3 is annunciated. The Ils I was approaching on only had CAT I cappability hence a triple channel LAND3 would not be authorised. I know certain software vendors certain boeing software has an option for automatic triple channel engagement which I obviously have checked OFF so I can manually engage LAND3 should I wish, can't find such a PSS option. So really my question is this; is there a way to stop the autopilots automatically engaging in LAND3 mode? Thanks for your time!Regards Mark (LBA ATC)

Guest NormanB

Mark,Even though it is possible for us to have added such an option, the underlying sim doesnt actually support any differences between the various categories. I do however like the option of a user being able to have the visual effect and as such have forwarded this suggestion to the developers for consideration.

Hi Norman, thanks for the response. I do fully understand it make's no difference to the sim, as do many other things in all aircraft add-ons, its just that 'visual' that adds that bit more realism (you can at least pretend to be doing a CAT I like the pro's!) Would be great to see this implemented in the future. Thanks again for your response Norman, I always read the PSS furoms and have found your posts/responses most helpful, hope you all at PSS are enjoying the 75 as much as I am (bar a few unrealities!!)Regards Mark (LBA ATC)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.