Sign in to follow this  
croft

757 sound

Hi, I think this is an outstanding product, but there is a lack of sound prior to engine start. I would expect to hear some minor sound on switching on the battery, then greater noise with ground power or apu (the 757 has extremely high level of air noise), even more air noise with packs on etc. Not a sound until engines start. Have I got an installation problem or is this how it is?- regards keith

Guest NormanB

Keith,I was on the flight deck of a 757 a couple of days back. We couldnt hear the GPU nor the APU when it started.The only noticable sound was when the packs were used. As such there is nothing wrong with your installation.

Norman,Is there any chance of getting an aural alert 900ft prior to reaching a set altitude? The airplane is fantastic, but this is driving me crazy. I've also spent a lot of time on the deck of 757s and all the airlines I flew with had it.Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest NormanB

Scott,Quoting a 757 pilot:757s in the company I fly for don't have altitude alert horns when approaching the MCP altitude - just the light on the altimeter comes on.If the altitiude then deviates by 300' from the MCP window we get an altitude alert warning on EICAS along with the associated caution noises. The altitude alerting caution is inhibited with landing gear down and locked. For regular ops. it's a silent flight deck.

Not trying to argue (Much), but back when we were flying jumpseat, I can confirm the tone on AAL, DAL, UAL and NWA. That's why I was so confused. You kinda get used to hearing certain sounds. Like the trim buzzer on an MD-80.Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.