Sign in to follow this  
Guest vcom

T7: If could be possible?

Guest vcom

Hello Norman and PSS team.The real 777 has a Thrust Asymmetry Compensation System which automatically applies correct trim rudder so the pilot can basically fly "feet on the floor". (When Engine Out).If could be possible?Regards!Ernest

Guest NormanB

Ernest,Do a quick search on the forum and you will find why this isnt implimented.

Guest adameke777

>automatically applies correct trim rudder so the pilot can>basically fly "feet on the floor". (When Engine Out).The "feet on the floor part" is not 100% true. Even when the TAC active, the pilot must apply some pressure on the rudder pedals.

Guest Victor Sussman

Any chance you can just apply some rudder trim? Or is that not a preferable method of dealing with engine out.That said, there was a post I read here a day or two ago that stated that the user did not notice significant yaw with one engine out; although the TAC isn't specifically modelled, I suppose in a sense you could consider that as a form of compensation.

As I recall, the TAC works via rudder trim on the aircraft, so automatically applying rudder trim in the sim would be exactly the right thing to do. It really shouldn't be too hard to do, especially as the asymmetry in the sim is so benign.It doesn't look as though any of the FBW systems of the 777 have been implemented, or are likely to be either.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.