Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

B757 questions.

Hi Norman,I bought it this evening, and I want to ask you whether: 1. there are any side cockpit views for those who do not want VC, and 2. Is there clickspots for "doors" and "set" selection instead of using panel switch command bar (as I found all others).In case of there are no side views, can I now get VC version as a supplementary download ?Thanks,Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Guest NormanB

Sotiris,There are no side views. One user did provide a set of images but these were using a combination of files found on the net which were subject to copyright. The 757 was built with the VC in mind since feedback is that users want the VC. Come release of course the feedback was the opposite so an ammendment was made to the installers :) To get the VC version just run the base installer again only choosing the VC option.I'm not at an FS PC right now so cant be 100% that there are click spots or not. I change views using the shift-number combination. From memory, the overhead can be opened with a click at the top of the centre post.

Do you know if all settings & customization I made are gone if I install VC in addition ?Many thanks,Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Guest NormanB

"All settings and customization" is quite vague - if you have added extra liveries they will remain.

And 2D cockpit option will still remain after VC installation ?Perhaps just like PSS 777, where I can choose between 2D and VC ?Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Guest NormanB

No. If you want that option you should install the aircraft into a dummy folder and manually edit your cfg files. As mentioned earlier, the no vc option was after many requests despite the ear;ier research showing that VCs are now more popular.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.