Sign in to follow this  
Guest macflegg

FMC and magvar

Hi Bob, not so sure you're fully correct, I have been using the FSX MAGDEC.bgl, for a while now, in old and new payware and freeware sceneries have had absolutely no problems with ils alignment, its all been an advantage to me because all the runway headings now match up to my 2005 Jeppesen charts. I decided to do a test at a default stock fs2004 airport with the FSX magdec, I wanted one that should have had significant shift so chose Ted Stevens in Anchorage, Alaska PANC and sure enough the centreline of 06R had changed from 067 to 069 however I could follow the ils localiser right down perfectly lined up with the centreline (i had not changed it in Afcad)of 069 degrees (069 in my LDS FMC too), however it did still see that the 'MAP VIEW' in FS2004 was still showing 067. Going to do some more testing.Mark (LBA ATC)

Hi Mark,I just wanted to thank you for your suggestion of using the FSX MAGDEC.bgl. For a long time now I've suffered the effects of miss aligned runways with all my PSS planes, but after trying what you suggested, everything is spot on now and running fine. What I can't seem to figure out is why my other addon aircraft were never affected by this. This should become a sticky in my opinion.Cheers, Ron Gautreau

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.