Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

Trying to make a purchase decision on the PSS 777

Guest NormanB

Greg,My reply could only be considered as biased. Unlike the Airbus, especially the ABPro which was designed for FS2002, pretty well everything on the overhead is clickable - I think things like the HF radios are not but most other stuff is.There are a couple of cosmetic issues that some folk see under certain conditions where for example the writing on the clock remains white rather than green, whilst some see minor issues with VNAV descents but these are marked for fixing.If its any way by way of recommendation, I am a 100% Airbus kind of guy - dare I say I actually enjoy flying both the 777 and 757.

Thanks, Norman. My computer is a Pentium 4, 2.66 GHZ, with 512 RAM and a 64Mhz video card. I run PMDG 737/747, LDS 767, Flight1 ATR72, PIC ERJ145 with no problems. Will I be able to use this aircraft with this computer, or doesn't it have enough OOOMPH! Thanks.

Greg Goodavish

Norman,Any chance of letting us know what other issues are "marked for fixing" on the 777. Specifically I am referring to the rogue caution sounds during start and shutdown, hoping for the answer "yes".A similar "to be fixed" list on the 757 would be welcome too.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Victor Sussman

I have a P4 3.0 GHz with 1 GB of RAM and a 256 MB card. Your Achilles heel might be your vid card, but if you say you run those other addons with no problem, I'd think your chances with the T7 would be good. (Obviously, I can't make a guarantee -- every system is different), but from what you say about what you can run, I'd think you'd be alright.

Guest VetJet

If you can run the PMDG 747 and the F1 ATR smoothly, you should be in good shape. There's a couple of things that bug me a little about the T7 , but overall I think it was a very worthy purchase. You will surely enjoy the VC. In my opinion, the strongest attribute to the productWhadzen

Guest NormanB

Greg,As somebody else has also said, your video card here really is the weakest link. Its a long time since I used a similar card but would imagine that your frame rates may be on the low side. I did a comparison against other aircraft in my hangar including other payware models and the 777 was in the same ballpark.

I am in the process of making a purchase decision on the PSS B777 or another payware aircraft. I am somewhat of a realism freak, and like almost all systems modeled, within FS limitations, of course. Does this aircraft do that? I have the PSS Airbus Pro, and many of the systems on the overhead panel are not modeled and do not have a clickspot. Is this aircraft better in that regard? Also, has the patch fixed all of the reported problems? Thanks for any input you can give me to help with my decision. Thanks.

Greg Goodavish

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.