Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

very low FPS with 757

hey everyone, I recently got the 757, and i'd like to say i'm getting VERY poor FPS with it... (any other plane such as ld 767, pss 777 etc I get over 20FPS) and with the PSS 757 I get about 7-10 FPS... also the VC has a very low quality texture... (i can provide pic if needed)any idea why i'm getting such crappy FPS with this plane only?my specsAMD 3200+ xpATI x700 pro (slightly overclocked)3 gigs of ramplenty of HD spaceso whats going on? I really want to fly this plane, but not happening with these FPSs :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Download the DXT3 VC Textures from the PSS website; you wont notice any less quality but the performance increase is huge.

>Download the DXT3 VC Textures from the PSS website; you wont>notice any less quality but the performance increase is huge. This helped greatly with my performance. Thanks!!!-- Jake

I can't find the DXT3VC file?DaveOOPS I FOUND IT!!! Thanks guys for the post...

I must be blind - never a good thing for a pilot - where on the PSS site is the DXT3VC file??Thanks,Jim

Thanks very much, Norman! I will load and test these textures when I get home today...I hope the 2-D cockpit views will load a lot faster as a result!Jim

Frame rates and 2D cockpit views' loading times are GREATLY increased by using the DXT3 textures - views loading in about 1.5 seconds, as opposed to the 8 to 9 second delay before!! In heavy scenery, there's still a HUGE improvement!!Thanks!!Jim

Once you download the file - what do you do next - i cannot seem to figure out where to put these new .bmp textures

Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B757textureBackup your originals first.

Thanks for the help.Excellent results - marked improvement. Will be flying this more often.

Sign in to follow this