Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

very low FPS with 757

hey everyone, I recently got the 757, and i'd like to say i'm getting VERY poor FPS with it... (any other plane such as ld 767, pss 777 etc I get over 20FPS) and with the PSS 757 I get about 7-10 FPS... also the VC has a very low quality texture... (i can provide pic if needed)any idea why i'm getting such crappy FPS with this plane only?my specsAMD 3200+ xpATI x700 pro (slightly overclocked)3 gigs of ramplenty of HD spaceso whats going on? I really want to fly this plane, but not happening with these FPSs :(

Guest aarskringspier

Download the DXT3 VC Textures from the PSS website; you wont notice any less quality but the performance increase is huge.

Guest Jacob Lee

>Download the DXT3 VC Textures from the PSS website; you wont>notice any less quality but the performance increase is huge. This helped greatly with my performance. Thanks!!!-- Jake

Guest Pilotdave2006

I can't find the DXT3VC file?DaveOOPS I FOUND IT!!! Thanks guys for the post...

I must be blind - never a good thing for a pilot - where on the PSS site is the DXT3VC file??Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest NormanB

Boeing 757 Professional 2006 Andr

Thanks very much, Norman! I will load and test these textures when I get home today...I hope the 2-D cockpit views will load a lot faster as a result!Jim

Jim Blake

Frame rates and 2D cockpit views' loading times are GREATLY increased by using the DXT3 textures - views loading in about 1.5 seconds, as opposed to the 8 to 9 second delay before!! In heavy scenery, there's still a HUGE improvement!!Thanks!!Jim

Jim Blake

Guest ClearedDirect

Once you download the file - what do you do next - i cannot seem to figure out where to put these new .bmp textures

Guest aarskringspier

Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B757textureBackup your originals first.

Guest ClearedDirect

Thanks for the help.Excellent results - marked improvement. Will be flying this more often.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.