Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

WXR not working online?

I did hear that TCAS wont wont online with PSS planes, but I didn't know that WXR doesnt work either? or am I doing something wrong? (even test wont show)

Guest NormanB

Emir,You hear wrong then.All of my flights are done online with the TCAS working. The weather radar displays the weather seen in the sim - it doesnt care what produced the weather be it ActiveSky, FS or a pilot client.

Radar works just fine online, just ask my virtual pax that flew with me on the 777 service from ATL to Tel Aviv last week. It was purple all over the place and nice shades of red, yellow and green. Had to zig-zag the last 50 miles over the Med to get into LLBG.

Eric 

ok any idea why my WXR isnt working then? even in test mode :(wow, 757 from atlanta to israel? do they even go that far? :)also how does the radar work? what does it pick up? where the clouds are supposed to be, and it replaces them with radar clutter on the screen? I was curious because only PSS offers radar I believe, PMDG says its pointless and can't be done 'realisticly' because FSX doesnt have precipitation in their clouds...

Guest NormanB

Emir,Check the presence of the following files (Im not at an FS PC so names may be a bit wrong!):gaugesfswxr*.gauvoronoi.datIf you have those files then your weather radar should work. Please note that this is the integrated weather radar and *not* the one you can see in the drop down VIEWS menu which is there only as a placeholder to make the integrated one work.To confirm, you have pressed the WXR button on the relevant panel?The way it displays the clouds is explained in detail in the user manual - I couldnt even start to describe it here except to say that what you see depicted on the radar is what you will see out the window.

hi norman, I just found some brief info on page 63 on the panel manual, but nothing too descriptive... I do know RL radar returns precipitation by bouncing off rain particles, but how does this work in FS? does it actually pick up precipitation?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.