Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andre77ab

PSS 757 and 16:10 screen

Guest Andre77ab

I'm looking to buy the 757 also if FSX it has benn already released, but I would like to know if the panel will have a correct ratio in my 1680*1050 wideview monitor.or if its build just for normal 1024*768 screen.Andy

Guest NormanB

Andy,The 2D will remain for the foreseeable future as 4:3 ratio, in fact I dont know of any addons that are written with 16:9 in mind.

Guest Andre77ab

And what about FSX and 2d panel?

Guest NormanB

>And what about FSX and 2d panel?What about it? Do you mean will the 757 2D panel diplay in FSX? The answer is yes although the installer and a couple of other cosmetic things need changed to get us 757 ready.

Guest Andre77ab

Yes I meant if FSX is build with in mind 16:10 screen for 2d panel; and what is the future of 757 with fsx and this resolution,...it's difficult made a bitmap not 4:3 ratio?Andy

Guest NormanB

16:9 format would involve a complete rewrite. It is much more than just a different base bitmap and, at this time we, along with other developers don't see an increase in sales to justify the additional work that would be involved.This is further pushed with FSX using 3d by default.

Guest Andre77ab

Ok do you know how to do it?...if yes, I'll purchase the 757 now...Andy PSS a320 driver, now a real B757 driver (hope to be as well a PSS 757 driver ;-) )

Guest NormanB

>Ok do you know how to do it?...Yes but as said, the work involved far exceeds what we or other addon developers would consider commercially viable.

Guest Andre77ab

>>Ok do you know how to do it?...>>Yes but as said, the work involved far exceeds what we or>other addon developers would consider commercially viable.Thanks a lot to reply, in case can you send me the procedure or explanation how to do it? I'll buy the 757 straight foward now!!Andy

Guest NormanB

Andy,There is no way as an end user to do it. The gauges would be stretched. It would required *all* of our gauges to be rewritten.

Guest Andre77ab

So it's impossible to tweaks it or made some modification?I would like to have it.....

Guest NormanB

>So it's impossible to tweaks it or made some modification?>I would like to have it.....I would like lots of things too. Sadly some things are not meant to be.

Andy - I'm running with 1680 x 1050 and it doesn't look bad at all. You get used to it quickly and don't notice any stretching over time.To me, it's not big deal.Having FS9 w/out this 757 is a bigger deal. ;)

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Slightly offtrack here.. i have been putting any LCD purchase off for months now because of that 1650 resolution which will cause havoc not only in FS but in all my other games. I finally picked one though to join my 1600x1200 LCD and am truly dissapointed. It just looks all stretched and wrong.. fonts aren't pretty either.

Guest Andre77ab

Indeed the looks isn't good, than nowaday ALL laptop and starting desktop as well are sold with wideview screen (16:10) so this is the present and the future, why not make available a modify panel?Andy