Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

Support issues

Guest Phoenix5

As posted some days ago...2. Bugs listed do get seen and passed on, but it is not always prudent to answer every post with a "Thank you item noted" especially when each bug gets mentioned 6 or more times, sometimes in neighbouring posts.3. No disrespect, but not all reported bugs are bugs, some are just user requests, and/or items not modeled by the development team. Most of the posts that you see unanswered are post about new repaints, these do not need a response from me, where I have the answer I will post it, otherwise it gets referred to the development team. If you have a pressing issue, email it to the support email address, where you will get a response inside 24 hours.

Guest jaglover

Actually about half the of unanswered posts are concerning repaints, far from "most"...Also as posted some days ago...2. In a customer support role it is very prudent to acknowledge posts even if they are nothing but repeats of prior posts. Not doing so gives customers in the impression that you simply do not care. Sometimes you do have to bend over backwards in a customer support role and PSS doesn't seem to realise this.The problem with you passing the info to the developers is that the developers never respond to the queries. This makes it _seem_ like PSS is ,as often happens, is ignoring customers. Think about it is this way - if you simply pass the info on to development how do we as customers know that you're doing something about our concerns, that we're not being ignored again?It's very interesting that a company that seems to pride itself on its customer support department would tell customers to use email rather than the forum for a quick response. Using email deprives other forum users of the answer to the issues. Surely forums are meant for the spreading of knowledge amongst all your users??? PSS' reputation for customer support is, sadly, at the bottom of the barrel right now and PSS doesn't seem to be interested in changing this. If PSS really do want to shed this reputation PSS has to be more active in the support form, like it or not. This means queries are, at the very least, to be acknowledged.Mark

Guest Andre77ab

I think unfortunately that is normal for them, I've bought the 757 fo Christmas than having problem post twice on the forum and they delete my post, contact them via email and after a quick challenge/response my last email still un-answered after a week :-(Andy

Guest Muppet22

Andy - it might have something to do with the fact that I've posted some general rant at PSS incompetence in response to your question, hence they don't like it and your thread dissapears. If that has happened, on my part anyway, I apologise! I understand your plight Andy, be rest assured you're definitely not alone!All the best,Tom

Are you saying that if I had emailed support about the FMC fix page you would have answered? Do you agree there is a problem or not?Your current approach means each customer has to email PSS support then get there own reply. Surely the whole point of a forum is to see what other people ask and HOW THEY ARE ANSWERED. The answer part is what is missing here.Two simple ways to dramatically improve PSS's customer support image.1. Answer requests for support promptly and properly each time.2. Pin a list of identified bugs and fixes for each product. Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Steve_Park

>Are you saying that if I had emailed support about the FMC>fix page you would have answered? Do you agree there is a>problem or not?>>Your current approach means each customer has to email PSS>support then get there own reply. Surely the whole point of a>forum is to see what other people ask and HOW THEY ARE>ANSWERED. The answer part is what is missing here.>>Two simple ways to dramatically improve PSS's customer support>image.>>1. Answer requests for support promptly and properly each>time.>>2. Pin a list of identified bugs and fixes for each product. >>>KevinKevin, we have been asking for PSS to provide your number 2 since the 777 and 757 were released, but they seem to nourish on NEW user discovering the same thing's that have been reported, but never acknowledged by PSS, and filling up the forum with known problems. I am beginning to think that no one at PSS knows of an all encompassing known bug's/errors/problems list.Steve Park

Guest jaglover

PSS, just wondering about support issues again. There have been new threads created in the last week asking about issues with the 757. Some of these have gone unacknowledged by PSS for several days.Of particular concern is the thread entitled "Problem with 757 FMC FIX page". This thread was resonded to by user fbasili. PSS deleted fbasili's post but did not acknowledge the existance of the original issue. Surely if PSS has the time to read and delete a post they can at least acknowlege the original corcern?Edit: Just to be clear, the deleting of fbasili's post is not the issue here. The issue is the lack of resonse.Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.