Sign in to follow this  
bic

need an idiots guide 777

Are there any other guides or tutorials for the mcp / (less on the FMC side as I think I am getting the hang of it) on the 777? Maybe it's because I only fly once or twice a month and just haven't taken much time to really study the manuals?I've done the tutorial a couple times by doing a different route and just feel like I am pushing buttons and not really understanding some of the features or more importantly how to get out of a bind. The latest one, the runway changed due to winds changing, so I was trying to change the destination runway by entering 23L and removing 05L, but the fmc didn't seem to update even though I clicked exec. I ended up dialing freq into nav 1 and got ND set to display it.I ended up flying with the mcp manually by changing hdg. Somehow I ended up too high on final and started a go around, while on my second approach I was again too high, and noticed the autothrottle was still connected in TO/GA mode. I tried to turn off AT and hit white ap disconnect to no avail. I noticed that when I did FLCH, to/ga would remove itself, but not sure why it would reengage shortly thereafter. I tried cycling the AT switch as well. Any ideas?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.