Sign in to follow this  
panam

PSS user edits

I have tried to download some of the liveries from the Phoenix home page. But not all of them are working - where can the mistake be e.g. NG / OS or CX is not working. thanks for any supportWerner

Check each one has all the textures. Some are released with only the changed textures to reduce download size.

Guest selkin

I do have the same problem. Downloaded the "Belair" textures form the User Edits Page at the Phoenix Homepage.The plane can be selected. There are textures on the tail, the wing, the engines but not on the aircraft's body.btw it's the same with the PrivatAir Repaint.All mentioned textures are for "RR rear hatch exit"Any help is welcome!FredPS: The ICAO code for Belair is "BHP" not "hbp" as used in the filename...

I know on some of the user edits, you have to make a copy of the main texture file, then overwrite it with the new livery which should add the missing textures. There is usually a readme file which should explain this, but not all developers are explicit on this.Ron

Ron Service

Guest selkin

Hi RonThx for your hint. But it doesn't seem to be this.I found out the following:"RR rear hatch exit" Models wich work (like the US-Airways) have a file called "PSS-B7524Main_t.bmp" in their texture folder.Now, if I copy this file into the Belair-Texture folder, I see a plane with tail, wings, gears from Belair and a main body from USAir.So, there is definitely a File called "PSS-B7524Main_t.bmp" missing in the Belair-Texture folder.Funny thing is: "PSS-B7524Main_t.bmp" and "PSS-B7523Main_t.bmp" in the USAir Texture folder look exactly the same.But if you simply duplicate PSS-B7523Main_t.bmp to PSS-B7524Main_t.bmp in the Belair texture folder, FS9 crashes.Strange behaviour...Fred

Guest selkin

Hey all,Finally I made it.Do the following:1. Open "PSS-B7523Main_t.bmp" in the texture folder with the programm "Paint" (wich is included in Windows). Do NOT use Photoshop!2. Save the file unchanged to "PSS-B7524Main_t.bmp"3. Load the aircraft and ejoy!Greets to allFred

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.