Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

PSS 757-200 crash to desktop during IRS alignment/interaction

Guest Phoenix5

I have not seen or heard of this before, there may be a member here that has a solution.Have you tried updating your video driver, or if you have recently done that try rolling back to the older one and see if the problem persists.Otherwise email me at the support desk, and we can see if a fix can be found.

Hey boss,I did a complete reinstall and even though I didn't finish putting in all the textures, the problem *seems* to be fixed. I'll contact you at the help desk with more information if the issue arises. Thanks for the response!

For the life of me I don't know what's going on.Whenever I do anything with the IRS systems in the 757 panel, it CTDs. When I start the aircraft, one of the first things I do once I get power is to align the IRS. I turn all three to the ALIGN position. Then I can use the lower right corner click to return to main panel. After the time elapses and I align the IRS, I go into the FMC to set the inertial position, and then I get a solid black screen which eventually transitions into a program crash to desktop after about 30 seconds.If I set the inertial position prior to the IRS alignment, I can go into the overhead panel and turn each knob to the NAV position. As soon as I do that, the next click I make to change panel creates the identical black screen and CTD. I have tried several times and each time I get this problem. What could be causing this? Here are my system specifications:Windows XP SP2AMD64 XP3500+ (2.2GHz)NVIDIA 6800GT 256mb video cardASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo2GIG Corsair XMS memory PC3200

Guest Phoenix5

You're welcome

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.