Sign in to follow this  
Guest optima90

Lighting

Guest optima90

Hi, when flying the 757 at night with the cockpit flood lights on, the actuall nose of the aircraft is lit as well, when using spot view looks like a fire ball on the aircraft nose.Any help pls.Kind RegardsMustafa

Mustafa,This is a small bug in the first release. Pending the patch, see the thread "Flight Deck Lights" for a quick fix to the .cfg.John R

Guest NormanB

John,From memory this is one of the things I was able to fix and therefore the current base installer should be correct.

Mustafa,If you check each model {75PWF,75RWF,752PW,752RR,753PW,753RR} I think you will find that the 752PW and 753PW are ok. If you wish to update the others, just copy the relevant aircraft.cfg {lights} section across - its the last section; square brackets.Norman,I downloaded about a couple of hours ago - I'll message you with the details.John

Guest optima90

Hi, I tried re istalling with the current base installer and i still have the same problem. and tried john's method and still the same.regardsmustafa

Mustafa,1. I assume that you do not see floods in the VC - this is normally a characteristic of the fireball in the nose bug.2. If you post here a copy of your PSS-B752P aircraft.cfg {this is one that should be ok} I will see if I can spot any errors.John R

Guest optima90

Hi JohnAtttached is the PSS-B752P aircraft cfg.Thanks for yr help.Mustafaedited to change attachment type

Mustafa,I have ported your .cfg into my installation and the lighting is fine!1. Do you see the flood lights when you in VC at night?2. Can you post a screen shot of the spot view of the 752P {say the 757-200 PW overwing exits} showing the problem.John R

Guest optima90

Hi JohnI dont see the flood when i'm in the VC.Attached 2 screen shots of 757-200 RR Overwing exit.Thanks for yr helpRegardsMustafa

Mustafa,OK - this is exactly what you get with the 757-200 RR as initially installed from the PSS web site:1. Post me the .cfg for this aircraft please.2. What do you see with the 757-200 PW {this was the previous aircraft.cfg that you posted and that one looked ok on my installation}?John R

Guest optima90

Hi John757-200 PW is fine, I dont get the fire ball on the nose and I see the flood lights in the VC.The problem I think is only with 757-200 RR.Where I get the fire ball on the nose and no flood lights in VC mode.Attached is the aircraft cfg. for 757-200 RRThanks for yr helpMustafa

Mustafa,I think we are there!1. Attachment #1 is your -200 RR aircraft.cfg modified to resolve the lights issue.2. Attachment #2 is just the modified LIGHTS section of the aircraft.cfg. You need to copy and paste this section into the aircraft.cfg for the freighter aircraft to overwrite the present LIGHTS section.3. Finally, the -300 aircraft require different figures. The -300 PW is correct, so copy and paste the LIGHTS section from the -300PW aircraft.cfg into the aircraft.cfg for the -300RR.Hopefully you will now have all aircraft modified for correct VC lighting.Let me know if you have any more problems.John

Guest optima90

Hi John,All problems solved.Thank you very much for your help and time,appreciated.RegardsMustafa

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.