Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve_Park

PSS 757 FMC Folder Question

Guest Steve_Park

Norman, Ernie Alston just released the 2.3 version of FSBuild and it has a direct export to the PSS B777 and B757 .b2r FMC file format. However he exports to the x:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9pssroutes folder and it seem's that my B757 (and B777) is looking in the x:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9pssboeing 777routes folder. He states that you have updated the B757 to Ver. 2.0 that correct's this problem. I have followed this forum and the PSS web site regularly and have been patiently waiting for an update to the VNAV descent problem and other issues that still exsisting in the patched B757, including the load editor and fuel planner, but don't recall seeing an SP 2.0 for the B757????? I just checked and my pss-b757.gau file is dated 9-1-2006. The 757-setup.exe files I had downloaded on 9-4-2006 are the same version (2.0.0.24) as the version I just downloaded today. A search of the forum has failed to find an answer also. Question is where does the CDU look for stored .b2r files in the current release?Steve Park

Guest NormanB

Steve,>Question is where does the CDU look for stored .b2r files in the current release?Ernie is correct. The 777 will look in its own folder *and* routes. The 757 was released as v1 looking at the routes folder

HiI also have updated to fsbuild ver 2.3 and on the strength of this thread uninstalled my 757 and 777 series and re installed them because i was also getting errors on fsbuild 2.3 when it came to export the pss 757/777 flight plans directly. I have clicked both PSS.route and PSS 757/777 (2004) and still it gives errors and can't export there. anyone successfully can do this please report how as i don't know if fsbuild is exporting to the wrong place or PSS isn't capable of storing where fs build is looking?regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Steve_Park

OK, I know that FSBuild exports to the PSSRoutes, as Ernie say's, however I have only 2 .b2r files in that folder (that FSBuild 2.3 put there) along with about 430 .route files that the airbus and dash 8 read that FSBuild 2.2.2 built. The CDU on the B757 only pulls up the 9 .b2r files that are located in the PSSBoeing 777Routes folder (Some there by default, other's I have saved routes or copied them there from the PSSRoutes folder)John, to get the FSBuild to export, you need to check the appropreaite boxes in the "Options" folder on the left, then the "Settings" tab at the bottom. Be sure and save with the button, then exit and restart. I have had no trouble, except where the expected folder as shown on the "Options" page for the PSS is not the same on the computer. And Ernie did not note in the answer that he gave me that you could change any of the export locations except where there is the "Browse" button. So, do I have some sort of problem with B757 that it will not read from the PSSRoutes folder? Is the Sept. 1, 2006 version the latest?For the record, the B757 I fly most of the time is the B757-200 w/RR.I just checked the B777-200LR and I get the exact same 9 .b2r files also when I choose Route Select (LSK3) on the Route page. I have no problem using the LSK6 key to pull up FS9 flight plan's, however the format of direct to every waypoint, even the DP's and STAR's make managing the route difficult.Steve Park

Hi Stevethanks for the information, I did click all the correct buttons as you suggested, and it made me check all my folders, and my problem was that I did not have a folder called ROUTES as a subfolder within the main PSS folder. I created it and all is well. when I create a plan with fsbuild now it exports properly and the 757 and 777 finds that plan. As I didnt have the folder before I do not know what would happen to previous plans in that format.Also I like to build my plans from fresh every time and over write any with the same name. If you want me to compare any files and stuff I am more than happy to do so if it may help you locate your problem.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.