Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

Turning away from ILS

Hi all in the forumTried a search but no availHas anyone else suffered a turn away from the ILS at EGLL 27L. As I approached it today it turned the wrong way (away from) the ILS, i quickly used heading select and re armed the ILS and it captured it, so no lost flight. I have installed some new scenery, and not sure if it is the plane or the scenery causing it, any comments appreciated. Not sure if this happened before i installed the new scenery or not as I havent flown the 757 in a whileregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

John,Which scenery have you just installed - sounds as though the ILS initially picked up a BC approach, or a LOC signal from another airfield?John Rooum

My initial though was also that this could have been a back course approach. Check the approach charts to see if this is in fact a BC, and if so reverse the needle so you get correct sensing. If not, then you might want to check the AFCAD and make sure everything is correct. Hope this helps.

thanks for the replies guys, I will check with a little more accuracy when I fly the route again but this time I will not do it on Vatsim in case while I am testing I spoil someone elses flight.I can then take my time and investigate.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest NormanB

John,The joy of VATSIM is that it is a learning environment. I tend to fly with the chart in front of me so know what to expect and can compare this with what is painted on the ND.

Hi NormanThanks for the replyWith Navigraph charts so easily available I also fly with the chart on my second monitor, especially with printer ink so expensive, i don't print off the charts.Also as Heathrow is such a busy Vatsim environment I don't want to be messing around pausing and investigating especially as my dilema seems to occur at the point of interception with the ILS. As soon as I can I will complete an offline flight and report back if I have any reason for the turn away from ILS>regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest NormanB

John,Vectoring inside the TMA at Heathrow bares no real resemblance to the chart - either online or in the real world.Both the 757 and 777 were extensively checked and landed online at London Heathrow by a number of us with no issues.

Hi again allThink I must have had some gremlins in the system, have now made two other flights successfully with the 757 turning accurately into the ILS, and as no one else has had same will put it down to gremlins as it is never bad piloting lol.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.