Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve_Park

Update history for PSS products

Guest Steve_Park

I whole heartly agree that PSS need's to have some sort of "List" with a simple way to tell what the latest, updated installer are. Or a quick utility like so many other software vendors provide that "Check's for Updates". A list of one key file such as the .gau file for each addon with the version number and date would be nice.Steve Park

Hi all !Where can I find an update history for PSS products ? As I already said in a topic that has been locked by the PSS team without any answer to my question (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=224&topic_id=16715&mesg_id=16715&page=&topic_page=5), with a 56k modem, runing the installers from "my files" and downloading hundreds of megs to see if anything has been fixed or if the 757 tools are available is not a solution for me. Reading or searching in the whole forum is also very time consuming. I didn't find anything on main PSS site.So is there a way to know what's the latest version of the 777, 757, Concorde, A340, and when they have been updated for the last time ?Thanks and best regards.

Guest NormanB

>Where can I find an update history for PSS products ?The versions available from MY FILES are always the latest.As and when changes are made the list of fixes are posted (as happened for example with the 777) - we wont actually say file xx was changed.

Guest Steve_Park

The problem with your answer is that the people with 56K dial can't be expected to download every week to see if you have made any small changes that may or may not affect them. Heck, even with a cable or dsl connection, I would not want to reinstall the product everyweek.>As and when changes are made the list of fixes are posted

Guest NormanB

Steve,If a user runs their base installer and changes have been made they will be prompted to download a new base installer. Since these are around 500k thats only a matter of minutes on 56K. The 777 fixes were pinned for many weeks - at some stage they must be unpinned. Then again, one could always use the search facility on the forum.So to summarise. If you run the base installer and it says its not the latest, pop on over to the forum and or website and you will see what changes there are. Sorry I can't make it more simple.

Guest Steve_Park

OK Norman, I ran the base installer that was dated (day I downloaded it 9-4-2006). It goes straight to the (after the email and password) install software or rebuild aircraft cfg? So I can assume there have been no updates to the B757 since 9-4-2006, correct? I also checked the B777 and I downloaded the "777V2patch" instead of going through the base installer. So which update fixed the CDU/FMC looking for .b2r files in the PSSRoutes folder instead of the B777routes folder? Because both my 777 and 757 both ONLY look for these files there.Steve Park

Guest NormanB

Steve,The 757 has had no changes as yet, save for a couple of typos. Running the rebuild cfg option will obtain those.The 777 v2 patch no longer exists and hasn't done for better than a couple of months. It only existed for a short term as a means of support to people such as you. Both aircraft will look in their own routes folder plus a common routes folder. For the 777 that was in version 2.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.