Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

does the cost index work? (757)

I had a flight from FLL to IAH yesterday on a 753, and I asked the pilots what they put for that... they told me for that specific flight it was 008...well does the cost index work with PSS 757 series? :)

Guest NormanB

>well does the cost index work with PSS 757 series? :)Yup!

so its accurate and changes the mach number? (or whatever it supposed to do lol)the pilots told me that they are given this number, but they change it if they are fast on schedule, or getting delays...it basically changes the mach number he said

Guest NormanB

Basically yes. It works like it is supposed to do.

I see, cool :)cuz I always put 100ish numbers in there and I'm always going at .8 machish... wonder how much slower am I gunna go with 008 in there?

Guest NormanB

100ish wont give you for example mach .90 ;)

can the plane even go that fast? (without overspeeding)and isnt the higher the number, the faster it is?I wish I could go try right now but i'm on a thanksgiving vacation at my gf's house far far away from my home, so I can't check :(

Guest NormanB

>can the plane even go that fast? (without overspeeding)No - it was just an example :)>and isnt the higher the number, the faster it is?Yes but within limits. It isn't a straight line graph.

Guest mabrodb

Norman,Does the ECON speed change dynamically based on the ambient wind conditions?*Increase in econ speed M .010 per 100 kts of headwind *Decrease in econ speed M.006 per 100 kts of tailwindMarc

Guest NormanB

Marc,That I dont know. Since I always fly with real weather I rarely see wind speeds as high as this except on longer flights where I tend to use my Airbus sim.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.